• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped at Alden DC this week and had a great visit with Kathy. She's such a great asset to us Alden addicts. I was looking around the store and stumbled across some really nice discontinued driving mocs that are no longer made by Alden. They are really nice in IMHO. Originally around $250 and model H154, on sale for $150. They run a little small, but have E widths. These are in snuff suede, and they have another in slightly lighter color. They a decent amount of sizes left. A real gem I was not aware Alden made.

Steve

What's the sole like on those, I think they look great!

totalair1

Reaction score
The were some other close out style at the DC store. Actually a pretty big area, shoes and boots. Check with the store to see what they had.

Steve

Jhnkago

Reaction score
My Indys finally came in and I've had the pleasure of owning them for 1 day. However, after a days worth of wear for no more than 8 hours, the left boot seems to be demonstrating an unusual sort of creasing on the left foot that stretches even beyond the stitching and looks like a blood-vein.

There's also some strange brown-spotted discoloration at the tip of the boot right below the stitching, which also extends between the stitching as well that does not appear anywhere on the right foot boot.

Is there something perhaps wrong with the leather on this boot that I should perhaps raise to Alden?

For reference, here are pics of my Oak Street Boots in brown Chromexcel

Viberg Service Boots in Horween's Chicago Tan Latigo

Both older with more wear but exhibiting little to none of the creasing demonstrated on my new Alden's.

Just to be clear, I don't think the act of creasing is unusual. In fact, here's a picture of the right boot. The creasing to me looks natural. It looks fine. Despite still being sightly excessive.

My biggest concern is with the fact that the creases look very thick and unnatural on the left boot almost like cracked leather, how it extends past the stitching which I don't see in almost every Alden Indy boot photos except for the excessively old, worn-to-death pairs, and the strange discoloration on the tip under right below the stitching on the tip.

And these boots are only 1 day old, literally. Worn for no more than 8 hours, so they should be pretty brand new. They were not beaten excessively, or bent at the forefoot with any sort of pressure. They were worn normally as any boot you would be breaking in for the first time, slightly walking as if you were waddling.

Is there something perhaps wrong with my left boot? Would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Last edited:

Organika

Reaction score
My Indys finally came in and I've had the pleasure of owning them for 1 day. However, after a days worth of wear for no more than 8 hours, the left boot seems to be demonstrating an unusual sort of creasing on the left foot that stretches even beyond the stitching and looks like a blood-vein.

There's also some strange brown-spotted discoloration at the tip of the boot right below the stitching, which also extends between the stitching as well that does not appear anywhere on the right foot boot.

Is there something perhaps wrong with the leather on this boot that I should perhaps raise to Alden?

For reference, here are pics of my Oak Street Boots in brown Chromexcel

Viberg Service Boots in Horween's Chicago Tan Latigo

Both older with more wear but exhibiting little to none of the creasing demonstrated on my new Alden's.

Just to be clear, I don't think the act of creasing is unusual. In fact, here's a picture of the right boot. The creasing to me looks natural. It looks fine. Despite still being sightly excessive.

My biggest concern is with the fact that the creases look very thick and unnatural on the left boot almost like cracked leather, how it extends past the stitching which I don't see in almost every Alden Indy boot photos except for the excessively old, worn-to-death pairs, and the strange discoloration on the tip under right below the stitching on the tip.

And these boots are only 1 day old, literally. Worn for no more than 8 hours, so they should be pretty brand new. They were not beaten excessively, or bent at the forefoot with any sort of pressure. They were worn normally as any boot you would be breaking in for the first time, slightly walking as if you were waddling.

Is there something perhaps wrong with my left boot? Would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Judging by the photo this is very common fat wrinkling found on chromexcel and your vamp has a mild case, unfortunately one wrinkle into the toe box area. If you feel the leather is a little dry, venetian cream or some other natural conditioner will help and will also mellow out any color variance. I'd keep em.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a typical characteristic for cxl. Happened to mine as well. I sold it a few months later because it stretched out too much.

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done to all the Whiskey Wednesday Warriors!

My grail boots! Unmeasurable awesomeness.

Ha! Leffot is one of many great shops. My reference was a loose reference to the rabbits in their logo.
We missed you Repp, welcome back! Great choice with the LWB!!!

Those are all fantastic. Great WW showing!!!
Wow, just 6 months? You must have just snuck on the order. Bummer on the size.
Dang, those are chunky, would love to post a pic next to my 11Bs someday. Haha.
You suck bud. Killer boots. To be honest, my Ravello NSTs have bit into my need to have these quite a bit, but you know me...
Lovely LWBs, my favorite color on them.
Very nice boots Ben!
It's confirmed and has material ready for it.
These are developing a great patina Henry!
Keep the 975 and sell the AE.

These are insane. Amazing shoe, MrDV

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
holy crap! so nice.

TSM snuff PCT boot
strong work ben. great boots.
A little cigar medallion cap toe boot for an early Friday afternoon happy hour...

Thanks @mdubs . Not sure how often I will be back, but I won't go six weeks without dropping in.
welcome back my friend. the boots are
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

very nice sazon. i like these more and more. i'm trying to resist because i'm on 2 other brown suede boot pre-orders....
ordered the color #2 Carminas.
My fifth pair of Aldens will have to wait a little while, but I am already plotting...
nice call sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads