• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any help here please??
want to get my next pair of aldens that i can wear all over, for holidays etc etc! and not just placed on home rack and used only when going for dinners where i just sit.

Based on your park avenue size,
You may want to try Barrie 8.5 E and grant 9 E.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar shell str8 tips today:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello PT boots today

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any help here please??

want to get my next pair of aldens that i can wear all over, for holidays etc etc! and not just placed on home rack and used only when going for dinners where i just sit.

Perhaps you could take a pic of the Park Ave on your feet and let the gentlemen here see the gap in the lacing as well. That may help as well.

Alpina

Reaction score
I got an odd size confirmed for the Leffot longwings, but I think I will pass in favor of a WT boot. I want to see if I can transfer that slot to @lifeinabox, or someone else on the thread who needs an odd size (and will pay full boat up front). Does anyone have advice for how I should make that happen with Leffot? I realize they might keep a wait list, but I also think I have a right to transfer it to someone of my choosing.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Both look amazing. I'm on the reorder for the DC Ravello but the way my foot flexes I'm sure it'll be in the cap toe some. Anyone else had that happen?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Going for the DC cap toe maiden voyage today...

Shown in horrible indoor lighting next to my Ravello WT boots.

Yeeeeessssss!!!!! I want some creased pics!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are so freaking great. I really like the shape and the fact they are unlined must make them so comfortable 

I'm biased but F YES! You scored majorly..

Not not really a fan of pt shell boots but those are glorious.

thanks Gents.

these boots are insane, I admit. So comfortable that I forget I wear them. There are no comparison to any lasts, period.

We don't buy Aldens to get attention but I have been stopped so many times and these are the most complemented boots I have. I was surrounded by SA's at Harry Rosen the other day lol.

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks Gents.

these boots are insane, I admit. So comfortable that I forget I wear them. There are no comparison to any lasts, period.

We don't buy Aldens to get attention but I have been stopped so many times and these are the most complemented boots I have. I was surrounded by SA's at Harry Rosen the other day lol.

To think you were hesitant :).
They look great man I'm definitely jealous.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To think you were hesitant :).
They look great man I'm definitely jealous.

Thanks my friend, I was hesitant big time as I never tried Modified last and the $ was not a pocket change.. As soon as I saw the picture of these though I was sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads