• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where these boots are from? Or what color they should be? They look to be Alt Wien boots to me, but I've found only AoC made Alt Wien boots on plaza in black shell several years ago.

Could be an interesting gMTO idea if we have a willing vendor...

Find the vendor that did the black Alt Wien shell boot and you'll have your answer (I'm pretty sure).

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have five preorders with LS right now. Two with Leffot. I'm assuming only half of the LS preorders get built, if that (choco tanker and Ultimate Indy).

I wonder if the issue with LS is that they had too many styles? Back in the day, it seems like they had dozens of different variations of Alden shoes. Nowadays, Alden seems to have streamlined what they can sell to retailers a bit.

I've read several times that they kept a preferred buyer list, which pissed off a lot of people. Tom seemed super knowledgable and helpful with sizing questions, but I can't tell if Alden would care about that business practice enough to tarnish the relationship. A shame they won't open up a store in SF, Vegas, or Miami.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read several times that they kept a preferred buyer list, which pissed off a lot of people. Tom seemed super knowledgable and helpful with sizing questions, but I can't tell if Alden would care about that business practice enough to tarnish the relationship. A shame they won't open up a store in SF, Vegas, or Miami.

Vegas and Miami seem to be more ferragamo territory IMO. SF could work though. Just seems odd the new arrivals would seemingly be updated daily..now they trickle in. I agree with Moose, they had some amazing makes up across a variety of manufacturers.

epc2

Reaction score

Vegas and Miami seem to be more ferragamo territory IMO. SF could work though. Just seems odd the new arrivals would seemingly be updated daily..now they trickle in. I agree with Moose, they had some amazing makes up across a variety of manufacturers.

Miami is Ferragamo and Gucci, that might change with a new store in Midtown that has Alden, Gitman Vintage and some raw denim.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday: Cigar Captoe Blucher - Maiden Voyage
Today: Whiskey Wingtip Balmoral - Second Voyage
-Mike
Both shoes look spectacular. The cigars are just...
Wait. No. Maybe. Is it? Mike, is that a crease I see on your whiskeys???
Someone must have tried them on at the store before mike bought them. Mike doesn't crease shell.
King 4060 this morning in the sun.
Great color on your boots bk. :slayer:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Mike - those cigar cap toes are just gorgeous

f9lr7.jpg

whiskey lwb
argyles otc

nephew,
wear your cigar in good health

What the.....where do you even get that? I would wear that captoe blucher to work everyday. 

Saz, Mac, Circles, Steve, thank you very much! They are an old pair from Alden DC. It was just luck that someone had a pair made in my exact narrow size and never took delivery.

Uncle, sweet LWBs! I miss mine already and they haven't even technically left yet.

-Dubs

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Both shoes look spectacular. The cigars are just...
Someone must have tried them on at the store before mike bought them. Mike doesn't crease shell.
Great color on your boots bk. :slayer:

DV, sadly not. That is all dubs creasing. I had a custom narrow pair made for me. No one else had put them on their feet.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, LS really seems to be getting out of the Alden business. I have nothing against their new stuff, I own 5 pairs of New Balance myself (not from LS), but they used to have so many beautiful Alden makeups

Something has to be up few make ups from Alden, EG, and St.C. it really seems to be limited to trickers, lobb, and new balance. I really do not understand the pair of sneakers with the best dress shoes in the world tbh.

+1 for sneakers confusion.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something has to be up few make ups from Alden, EG, and St.C. it really seems to be limited to trickers, lobb, and new balance. I really do not understand the pair of sneakers with the best dress shoes in the world tbh.

Yeah I miss their make-ups, they used to get some interesting offerings. Now, they have limited stock (nothing in my size 2 months ago), no alden make-ups in process, they lost Cleverley earlier this year, closed LSBH, and mow offer JL standard models and sneakers.

On the positive side, they do currently offer the JL City Ii and Phillip Ii in Plum Museum Calf. This color is not available in either model on the JL website. George Cleverley is underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads