• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Alden DC has a run of Ravello LWBs in production right now and has a list going already for her inevitable next run.

-Mike

You probably just made Kathy's day even worse. haha

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to be "one of those guys" and pester DC today. There is a Vass GMTO closing today, and the status of the cigar captoe has some influence on what I order. 10D calls have not gone out yet. They have four and I'm fifth
baldy[1].gif
, so it'll be a week or so before

I find out. I'm going to assume none of the four above me would be crazy enough to turn down a pair.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are absolutely amazing. Trickers seem nice but they never appeared to be my style but I would love something like this. Used the link provided on the MTO options and sent an email to see how the process works.

I'm not quite where Bakkes is but I do find that the more I investigate options outside of Alden the more pleasantly surprised I am. I am fine with paying a little more for less common and harder to work with shell, but this process of calling retailers and competing with those 'insiders' who have established relationships is tiring and just a little bit annoying. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist but the idea of cigar (brown) being treated as a rare shell has always struck me as more of a

I had to be "one of those guys" and pester DC today. There is a Vass GMTO closing today, and the status of the cigar captoe has some influence on what I order. 10D calls have not gone out yet. They have four and I'm fifth
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
 , so it'll be a week or so before

I find out. I'm going to assume none of the four above me would be crazy enough to turn down a pair.

I would not assume anything but it is up to you. An MTO can always be placed but if you miss out on an opportunity at a grail...well I would be upset.

ATLVol

Reaction score
I just got the call from DC and the cigar cap toes are on the way!

Once again, thanks to whomever posted the information about the list a couple of months ago.

I was late to get on the list, but luckily the first for my size.

sealowe

Reaction score
Just called Alden DC
Gentleman I spoke with said currently there is no list for a Ravello LWB.
Said typically they start taking names down when a new shoe is being planned
As there is no new shoe being planned right now, there is no list
Suggested that I call back periodically

Bonggoy

Reaction score
Just called Alden DC
Gentleman I spoke with said currently there is no list for a Ravello LWB.
Said typically they start taking names down when a new shoe is being planned
As there is no new shoe being planned right now, there is no list
Suggested that I call back periodically

Did you say the secret password when you mentioned Ravello LWB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads