• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome sevenfoldtieguy,mcarthur, and Hill.

Hill - I agree with the others, great looking boots in that color, but I know what you mean, if you aren't excited about them I'd hate to see them sit in your closet. I hope the tan one's i ordered look as good as yours when i get them. Hopefully i can make a size 9 work for me. What size are your boots in case mine dont fit :)

Have a great week everyone

DuckOB

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted here before or not, but this page has a great slideshow that illustrates many of the Alden of Carmel custom make-ups over the years.

Click through the slide show for vintage Alden bliss.

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/the_alden_of_carmel_story.htm#s_58

this is fantastic! thanks for posting. i wish the included retail price for extra wow effect ;)

From Oct 2000. Whiskey and Mahogany saddles for $455.
http://web.archive.org/web/20021022...m/FuseAction/Main/Shoe/index.cfm/Shoe/AF1.htm

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks zippy, should of thought of that... That pair jumped to $550 by march '03. What an incredible makeup though. Its remarkable how many styles Alden has produced over the years. I would say that even in the past 10 years, the selection has shifted more to barrie, ptb, chukka, lwb

Last edited:

Mad Kit

Reaction score

If you are really set on a dark brown shell boot, check out the carmina thread. A captoe mto is about to be submitted to the factory. Turnaround is only 3 months

Thank you for your reply
I am interestered at Alden boot in cigar this moment
Thanks anyway

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks zippy, should of thought of that... That pair jumped to $550 by march '03. What an incredible makeup though. Its remarkable how many styles Alden has produced over the years. I would say that even in the past 10 years, the selection has shifted more to barrie, ptb, chukka, lwb

Like these beauts.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10 eyelets for a low top is crazy however it should be noted that Alden makes "orthopedic" last. I'm curios to see the foot for whom that square box toe is designed for

Last edited:

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All: there's a curious whiskey LWB up on eBay in my size. The upper looks great; the post says they've been worn once; but the insole and sole say Alden Restoration. I'm a little curious.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All: there's a curious whiskey LWB up on eBay in my size. The upper looks great; the post says they've been worn once; but the insole and sole say Alden Restoration. I'm a little curious.

Beware. They are trying to pawn off a restored shoe on someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beware.  They are trying to pawn off a restored shoe on someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.  

Thanks for the input. That just seems so contrary to the "only worn one time" assertion, but is the only explanation that makes sense with the sole and insole.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. That just seems so contrary to the "only worn one time" assertion, but is the only explanation that makes sense with the sole and insole.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose there is a chance that they meant "only worn one time after restoration" and just forgot to include that important piece of information. Who knows.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose there is a chance that they meant "only worn one time after restoration" and just forgot to include that important piece of information.  Who knows.  

Yup. Technically, in some sense, that could be true. But if that's the case it's certainly misleading.

As an edit, I just searched for the shoes but could not find them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads