• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Thanks guys... shoemart doesnt ship to my country :(
as for alden web... the shipping is kinda expensive :crazy:

will check out leathersoul , shermanbrothers and epaulet atm.. :D

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else here wear Barrie and other bigger lasts with suits? I know some hate the look, but I don't think it's a bad look at all :-/

I've worn Cigar PTBs and Whiskey LWs with suits. looked great. both Barrie

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Alden Shop of San Francisco regularly stocks No. 8 Long Wings and does ship internationally. They also appear to have quite a few size options for Ravello & Cigar Long Wings. Their website states that the Shipping charge is $135 per pair of shoes (No U.S. tax would be charged).
http://www.aldenshoes.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=46&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=
http://www.aldenshoes.com/DrawOnePage.aspx?PageID=3

wow that's crazy. basically they don't want to do it, but they'll gouge you if you really are willing to overpay

mr chorizo

Reaction score

I just cleaned up my favorite pair of boots. After almost 2 years, my only complaint with these would be the eyelets. Several of them are starting to splinter and fray up the laces.

very sharp indys, but i dont care for the udon laces.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alden madison in nyc was supposed to send me whiskey indys in an 11e. then sent me a 907 in a 14d instead

Just returned the 14D pair they sent by mistake and they told me I can get 25% off my next pair for the inconvenience.

I love the Madison ave store!

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Alden Washington screwed up an order just like the Madison store did with scb.

All I got was an apology, and 'free return' of the boots.

100 yrs

Reaction score

alden madison in nyc was supposed to send me whiskey indys in an 11e. then sent me a 907 in a 14d instead

I was in there a few weeks ago while visiting NYC and wasn't too impressed honestly. The guys working seemed pretty uninterested.

Thoughts on staying tts but going down a width in the Barrie (which was briefly discussed several pages ago) : I recently purchased the standard kudu chukka in a 9C. The 8.5D, which by conventional wisdom would be my barrie size, felt a little short for one foot, and a little roomy in the heel. The 9C is definitely narrower overall than an 8.5D. The 9C barrie measures the same width as my 9D leydon suede chukkas. If the kudu leather loosens up slightly I'll be golden, if not, might have to put up on b&s

also, did anyone grab the reverse tobacco summer oxford that blackbird had? fit pics?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in there [madison nyc store] a few weeks ago while visiting NYC and wasn't too impressed honestly. The guys working seemed pretty uninterested.

I've been in a few times now in the past month or so and some guys were very interested and helpful, while others were not. All depends on who you talked to I guess

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone carry Aldens near West Palm beach? a friend is asking me...

TWorksheets

Reaction score

wow that's crazy. basically they don't want to do it, but they'll gouge you if you really are willing to overpay

I'm always confused by this...

Why won't places like Shoemart, J. Crew, etc. ship internationally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads