• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Markintosh

Reaction score
More Aldens this week.
Pumpkin 405 from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270093 View attachment 2270095

'The Vintage Indy' in Smooth Chamois / Oiled Nubuck from Leather Soul Hawaii
View attachment 2270097 View attachment 2270099

'Matthews' Indy in Tan Nubuck from Brick & Mortar, Seattle
View attachment 2270101 View attachment 2270103

'The Dirty Bones 2.0' in Brown CXL from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270105 View attachment 2270107

Colour 8 Shell Indys on Neocork from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270109 View attachment 2270111
If you don't mind me asking, how long did the Brick & Mortar from Seattle take? They've got a makeup that I'm interested in...

Last edited:

Markintosh

Reaction score
More Aldens this week.
Pumpkin 405 from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270093 View attachment 2270095

'The Vintage Indy' in Smooth Chamois / Oiled Nubuck from Leather Soul Hawaii
View attachment 2270097 View attachment 2270099

'Matthews' Indy in Tan Nubuck from Brick & Mortar, Seattle
View attachment 2270101 View attachment 2270103

'The Dirty Bones 2.0' in Brown CXL from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270105 View attachment 2270107

Colour 8 Shell Indys on Neocork from Alden Madison
View attachment 2270109 View attachment 2270111
Wow - what great collection of boots - how do you care for the oiled unbuck? They look very cool...I've never had a pair of anything unbuck before...

tuna roll

Reaction score
Cigar str8 tips 2day:
cT0OO1T.jpg
love the simple design + crazy good material

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how long did the Brick & Mortar from Seattle take? They've got a makeup that I'm interested in...
Actually, the Tan Nubuck at B+M were in stock so they shipped them the next day of placing order.
Also, I placed a deposit for a Black Shell Indy in June 2022 and the boots were delivered last week Oct 2024. So they honoured the old price from June 2022 which was $95 less than the current price.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - what great collection of boots - how do you care for the oiled unbuck? They look very cool...I've never had a pair of anything unbuck before...
Thanks!
So far I have not done anything to the oiled nubuck except a light brushing before wearing them. I don't need they need much care.

Markintosh

Reaction score
Actually, the Tan Nubuck at B+M were in stock so they shipped them the next day of placing order.
Also, I placed a deposit for a Black Shell Indy in June 2022 and the boots were delivered last week Oct 2024. So they honoured the old price from June 2022 which was $95 less than the current price.
I appreciate the response. Thank you so much. I emailed the owner yesterday. He got back to me right away - i’m thinking about moving forward now. I’ve already got a special make up ordered with AOFSF

No8

Reaction score
Did a significant hike with some water, mud etc in my shell No8 Chukka's with commando sole. Quick wipe after, and looked great for a nice dinner to follow. This might be my favorite pair of shoes now.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only the second GYW wear for a while (the other being my 80's Florsheim Golden Harvest pair for a Edgar Allen Poe reading - seemed appropriate). Mahogany shell Indy's:
V9QjUT.jpg

This is the first "porch shot" in the new house (vs. my previous traditional/regular shot). As with many things for me these days, a new thing to get used to... ;) :rotflmao:

I'm working my way up to take the Ravello Indys out for their maiden voyage.
dvkfQG.gif

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member