• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
IMG_9713.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hey Alden fam, passing along some info I received from Mack at Brogue.

With all of the heavy rain we've received in California, Brogue was unfortunately flooded, causing substantial damage to the shop.
View attachment 2136477

While they're not asking for donations (and did NOT ask me to post this), they are asking for people to support their recovery endeavors by purchasing gift cards (at a discounted rate from 10% to 18% off). I will be participating and hope that many others on here will also consider supporting Brogue.

That is just really sad to see, he is definitely in my thoughts and prayers at the moment.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am excited to welcome another boot into my collection. I was fortunate enough to get a pair of the recent Whiskey Jumpers with Brass.

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Brass Jumpers - 4.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Brass Jumpers - 19.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Brass Jumpers - 35.jpg

And I feel obliged to share a comparison shot with (from L to R): Color #4, Brassvello, Ravello, Whiskey

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Brass Jumpers - 46.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Brass Jumpers - 25.jpg

More pictures and info can always be found here...

Thanks,
Mike

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am excited to welcome another boot into my collection. I was fortunate enough to get a pair of the recent Whiskey Jumpers with Brass.

View attachment 2136893

View attachment 2136895

View attachment 2136897

And I feel obliged to share a comparison shot with (from L to R): Color #4, Brassvello, Ravello, Whiskey

View attachment 2136899

View attachment 2136901

Thanks,
Mike

Great pics Mike. Looks like new whiskey is old Ravello, or, old Ravello is new whiskey...

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2136893

View attachment 2136895

View attachment 2136897

View attachment 2136899

View attachment 2136901

Thanks,
Mike
Congrats! Whose make-up are these? Love everything about this boot!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday Gang. Unlined 8’s for me today……,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some of you may recall that these busted at the seam about a year ago. Most folks thought they were done. Alden said they couldn’t be repaired. Aram, without even blinking, said sure, he could fix it. If you look really closely, you can see where is busted but his work on the inside of the shoe was amazing and these things have much life left in them……..

image.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. @wolfdale, those classic 975s are a great pair. But be warned, you may have tumbled into a deep rabbit hole. That repair looks great @Shawnc. Glad you can keep them in the rotation for years to come.

IMG_3690.jpg

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score

View attachment 2137179

View attachment 2137177

Some of you may recall that these busted at the seam about a year ago. Most folks thought they were done. Alden said they couldn’t be repaired. Aram, without even blinking, said sure, he could fix it. If you look really closely, you can see where is busted but his work on the inside of the shoe was amazing and these things have much life left in them……..

View attachment 2137181

This is interesting because one of the main selling points of shell is that it's so strong and will last a life time. The fact Alden said it couldn't be fixed is worrying since they are the manufacturer.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
This is interesting because one of the main selling points of shell is that it's so strong and will last a life time. The fact Alden said it couldn't be fixed is worrying since they are the manufacturer.

I don’t think it means much of anything other than Alden not wanting to be in the repair business. Shell has always been known as being susceptible to tears. Just ask the vintage shoe guys.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2137179

View attachment 2137177

View attachment 2137181
This is what I call a love story. One day I want this. My wife has a great catch phrase from her great grandfather RIP. “Best pair of uppers I ever had” we use it to describe all our favorite stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads