• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still on the hunt for a pair of brown CXL NST boots, with eyelets/hooks size 8.5D or even 9D...Not looking for TB last, barrie is ok. Aberdeen would be the bomb....If any of you guys have such, let me know and we can talk.
Sounds a lot like the LeatherSoul Tanker Boot. I actually ordered a pair of these and forgot about it (pretty sure I was traveling in Asia and was seriously jet-lagged, a bit drunk or both...
fVdSZS.gif
). In the meantime I bought my first pair of GS NST's in brown CXL. When the LS pair showed up "out of the blue", I decided to keep the GS pair (I think I'd found a pair of the LS Choco suede tankers in the meantime too).

LS Brown CXL Tanker
cxlnsttank1.jpg

That's a damn pretty boot...
9nNocB.gif

(I have a natty CXL build from Gentlemen's Footwear that's pretty similar:
AqEAhFj.jpg

...and LS Choco Tankers
gK2AFMR.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like the LeatherSoul Tanker Boot. I actually ordered a pair of these and forgot about it (pretty sure I was traveling in Asia and was seriously jet-lagged, a bit drunk or both...
fVdSZS.gif
). In the meantime I bought my first pair of GS NST's in brown CXL. When the LS pair showed up "out of the blue", I decided to keep the GS pair (I think I'd found a pair of the LS Choco suede tankers in the meantime too).

LS Brown CXL Tanker
cxlnsttank1.jpg

That's a damn pretty boot...
9nNocB.gif

(I have a natty CXL build from Gentlemen's Footwear that's pretty similar:
AqEAhFj.jpg

...and LS Choco Tankers
gK2AFMR.jpg
I also have GS NST in CXL, plus the Alden Natty tankers. You and I seem to think alike.

qtip.416

Reaction score
Holy crap, now these...are really something else.

Interesting theyre on 360 double leather soles, too. I like that. You have any more pics? I dont see a lot of Indys on 360 double leather and am curious about the overall aesthetic.
Thanks! Trubalance Last. 360 deg Storm Welt. Double Waterlock Soles. I added triumph toe taps. Ref D1918H. My grail boots for sure.

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_8337.jpeg

IMG_8348.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

qtip.416

Reaction score
Pretty sure David Wood made those, if I’m not mistaken
Ooops, my mistake. You’re correct. It’s by David Wood. I mixed them with another Indy pair. To be fair in my defence, I had shoe trees in these today when I took the photos so the stamp by the dealer was covered. Lol.

IMG_1860.jpeg

slows2k

Reaction score
Thanks! Trubalance Last. 360 deg Storm Welt. Double Waterlock Soles. I added triumph toe taps. Ref D1918H. My grail boots for sure.

View attachment 2115633

View attachment 2115645
View attachment 2115647

View attachment 2115631

View attachment 2115629
Yeah thats a grail makeup, for sure. Thanks for entertaining my curiosity. I would even be very interested in the same boot in color 8 as a makeup. I find more and more that I love indys the most of all the boots, but I heel strike and the extra height on the standard Indy heel means I wear them down quickly; my other boots don't suffer as much. I don't know if anyone else does the Indy on leather soles with 360; Brogue does a 270 which still has the standard Indy heel, but 360 is much rarer I think.

ottomatik

Reaction score
Fresh color 8 Wick boots from Snake Oil Provisions via @Calvin as in CALVIN with some faded canvas. Pics don't do them justice - plaintoe Trubalance exceeded my expectations!
IMG_2503.jpeg

Worn on a trip to pick up a second pair from Calvin - Snuff NST on Trubalance - the Depano boot from Brick + Mortar. First snuff and first NST - can’t wait for this snow to melt - they are going to be regulars in my spring and summer rotation.

IMG_2471.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, tell Dr. Strange to do the magic circle thing and get us all some more rare shell, eh?

Context: I was responding to a spam poster (now removed).

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads