• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

LJ1891

Reaction score
Dammit. My partner informed me that buying 3 Aldens in a month is grounds for instant divorce.
Sounds like it’s time to have a difficult and uncomfortable(for them. Not for you) conversation. 😈

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joe Works

keep an eye out. Theyre taking delivery soon and there's always some sizes that dont get picked up by the original pre-orderers.

there's also a C8 plain toe boot through Brogue:

Ealdwine, Morgan Boot may have your size.

Much thanks guys. @BAK, this is perfect. Precisely what I was looking for.

@audog, as was pointed out, Morgan is Barrie and while I also take the same in both, for reasons discussed, I’d prefer TB for this one.

@slows2k, unfortunately the Brogue edition is also sold out in my size.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. Snow is on the way, so squeeze in another shoe day.

IMG_3575.jpg

LJ1891

Reaction score
Much thanks guys. @BAK, this is perfect. Precisely what I was looking for.

@audog, as was pointed out, Morgan is Barrie and while I also take the same in both, for reasons discussed, I’d prefer TB for this one.

@slows2k, unfortunately the Brogue edition is also sold out in my size.
And anyone can feel free to answer this, but is TB really that much of a better experience than the Barrie? My 975s are insanely comfortable to me. They are the shoes I reach for when I know I am going to be walking more than usual. Granted, when I first lace them up I feel a small amount of tightness on the pinky toe but it goes away by the time I walk out of the door.

At the end of a long day after wearing them, I’m in good shape. They’re probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own…supportive too!

CLH03

Reaction score
And anyone can feel free to answer this, but is TB really that much of a better experience than the Barrie? My 975s are insanely comfortable to me. They are the shoes I reach for when I know I am going to be walking more than usual. Granted, when I first lace them up I feel a small amount of tightness on the pinky toe but it goes away by the time I walk out of the door.

At the end of a long day after wearing them, I’m in good shape. They’re probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I own…supportive too!
Yea, TB is that much better. I love Barrie, and like you, my 975 are some of the most comfortable shoes I’ve worn. Any Indy boot I’ve worn has still been more comfortable.

It’s got awesome arch support, but has just a tiny bit more volume in the toe box than Barrie. If you haven’t tried it yet, would highly recommend it.

Youx33

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first of all happy 2024 ;) thanks to a friend living in US, i’m about to buy my two first Alden loafers : 986 in color 8 and 6243f snuff suede. As you can imagine impossible to try them in France... I own a pair Weston 180 size 6D. If any of you own both weston 180 and Alden LHS, it would be great to tell me the sizes so i can use the same report. Thanks a lot !!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads