• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put my deposit down for the Neocork Indy boots (40538h) 🫣😁…My first boots since my doc martens almost 10 years ago. I figured this would be a good reentry into boots.
Excellent choice. (Photos from 2021.)

IMG_6040.jpeg
IMG_6036.jpeg

JTMD

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for these Short Wing Bluchers in #8 Shell Cordovan. I Was hoping for bit less cloud cover but I've waited long enough by now...and I'm sure there will be plenty of sunnier days ahead anyways 😁

20240411_144001.jpg

20240411_175514.jpg

20240411_143403.jpg

20240411_152622.jpg

Attachments

• 20240411_175504.jpg
    20240411_175504.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240411_175511.jpg
    20240411_175511.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240411_175911.jpg
    20240411_175911.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Rowyourboat

Reaction score
I’m not sure what horror stories you read, but cleaning used shoes is pretty easy and there’s nothing horrificical about it.

I read on this forum that at least one person disinfected and cleaned and everything but got some foot fungus and had to deal with it for a long time. I also find it hard to evaluate the condition of shoes that may have been resoled, vs. with clothes it's easier to tell the condition (for me).

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JTMD

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing it is indeed the Aberdeen last. Good eye. I had to look it up. 😅. Model number is 2088. Don't find much on-line. I got them from a local clothing store that has no on-line presence. I walk by, sale sign in the window, I turn around and see what's going on in the shoe area. They're more a high end fashion clothing store that somehow managed to carry a few decent shoe brands 😁. It's their make-up.."Alden for (insert store name)."

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing it is indeed the Aberdeen last. Good eye. I had to look it up. 😅. Model number is 2088. Don't find much on-line. I got them from a local clothing store that has no on-line presence. I walk by, sale sign in the window, I turn around and see what's going on in the shoe area. They're more a high end fashion clothing store that somehow managed to carry a few decent shoe brands 😁. It's their make-up.."Alden for (insert store name)."
I love everything about these! If you wanna share info on the store, would appreciate it!

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
I love everything about these! If you wanna share info on the store, would appreciate it!

Model 2076 from The Shoe Mart looks to be very similar. Also on Aberdeen. Only discernible difference I see may be the flat welt.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Hey guys! I hope this is the right place to ask this. But the Snuff suede LHS has been a grail of mine for a while. I was finally able to find two pairs in my sized for a decent price used, but had some reservations. Based on my knowledge of the shoe and visually inspection, I believe both pairs to be the 6243f. One of them the writing on the sidewall is clear. The other I can barely make out. Despite this, they look very different in shade of color, and insole alden logo. One being silver and other being gold.

Can someone clarify what I'm looking at here? Are they the same shoe w/ odd lighting? Different models?

Also based on the limited photos I received, which would you choose considering they are equal IN price. Thanks guys!

LHS #1

LHS #2

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Hey guys! I hope this is the right place to ask this. But the Snuff suede LHS has been a grail of mine for a while. I was finally able to find two pairs in my sized for a decent price used, but had some reservations. Based on my knowledge of the shoe and visually inspection, I believe both pairs to be the 6243f. One of them the writing on the sidewall is clear. The other I can barely make out. Despite this, they look very different in shade of color, and insole alden logo. One being silver and other being gold.

Can someone clarify what I'm looking at here? Are they the same shoe w/ odd lighting? Different models?

Also based on the limited photos I received, which would you choose considering they are equal IN price. Thanks guys!

LHS #1

LHS #2

From my experience, the shade of snuff can change from batch to batch.

As for the logo stamp, possible it's just the lighting that's giving off the impression that one is white-ish? To me they could both be gold.

CLH03

Reaction score

LHS #1

LHS #2

2nd pair looks like someone recolored the edges or had them resoled at one point. Edges should be lighter than that for the model #

JTMD

Reaction score
[
Model 2076 from The Shoe Mart looks to be very similar. Also on Aberdeen. Only discernible difference I see may be the flat welt.

Glad you could step up with an alternative...my place was out of his size 🙄

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's play, "Are they shell?."

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.22.46.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.23.02.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.23.17.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily