• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Innes in an office
IMG_3629.JPG

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any experience here on adding back color to cordovan? One of my Color 8 boots is darker than the other

zuzu85

Reaction score
8F923250-FC8B-4864-BCDE-6723DE87DC17.jpeg
Alden boots G6901( Cappelletto) 11,5 Barie E. Though I love it, but I should have maybe went half size shorter. Now I’m using inserts to keep my foot in place. Though my toes love the spare space in the front. They would weigh approx. 950 grams, quite heavy.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents.

I am grateful to the incomparable Yenni, who has agreed to collaborate with me and run a make-up that I proposed.

The “Sumner” boot (named after my grandfather, Papa Sonny).

Details:

Tan Alpine Grain Wingtip Boot

Grant Last

360 Flat Welt

Antique Welt and Sole Edge

Double Oak Outsoles

9 Brass Eyelets

As to not plagiarize, this design takes some inspiration from two past makeups—one from Leather Soul and one from Leffot—with the differences being welt styling, sole choice, and the last (Grant). Note: I have never seen these options together before.

Thank you for your consideration.

George

https://www.brickmortarseattle.com/high-boots/sumner-tan-alpine-grain-wingtip-boot

IMG_0070.PNG

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents.

I am grateful to the incomparable Yenni, who has agreed to collaborate with me and run a make-up that I proposed.

The “Sumner” boot (named after my grandfather, Papa Sonny).

Details:

Tan Alpine Grain Wingtip Boot

Grant Last

360 Flat Welt

Antique Welt and Sole Edge

Double Oak Outsoles

9 Brass Eyelets

As to not plagiarize, this design takes some inspiration from two past makeups—one from Leather Soul and one from Leffot—with the differences being welt styling, sole choice, and the last (Grant). Note: I have never seen these options together before.

Thank you for your consideration.

George

https://www.brickmortarseattle.com/high-boots/sumner-tan-alpine-grain-wingtip-boot

View attachment 1919543
Can't go wrong with Wingtip Boots on Grant last! A wonderful tribute to your grandfather! Would love to hear the story behind the inspiration.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Wingtip Boots on Grant last! A wonderful tribute to your grandfather! Would love to hear the story behind the inspiration.
Thank you.

He was a traveling salesman who sold what we might now call "party and event favors" (i.e. for wedding and baby showers, birthday parties, etc.).

This will make no sense to anyone but me--the tan alpine grain and brass eye comb makes me think of the floor in my grandparents' house (he died in 2012 and grandma just left us last September at the age of 98). And, it felt weird naming the boot after myself...
floor.jpg

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Got in a wear of my very first pair of Aldens today - think they’re holding up pretty well…

“Highland” Col 8 Tankers from Brogue Shop - the waterlocks on these totally ruined regular leather soles for me forever haha…

184BF8D0-F0DE-4FE4-878C-5C8A3871C894.jpeg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see more photos of these as I'm considering calling up Matt and ordering a pair! TIA!

ShawnC put speedhooks on this pair during his ownership, so they’re not quite what you’d get from Ealdwine.

View attachment 1919605 View attachment 1919607

Nice @MajorDash. I still miss those. My favorite hardware make is blind eyes and hooks. Very underutilized but I love it.

@Hisheirness23, if you are a Plaza fan, with or without a mod, I can’t recommend this make enough. Matt and Jim absolutely nailed this. If you’re thinking about it, do it. You won’t be disappointed.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice @MajorDash. I still miss those. My favorite hardware make is blind eyes and hooks. Very underutilized but I love it.

@Hisheirness23, if you are a Plaza fan, with or without a mod, I can’t recommend this make enough. Matt and Jim absolutely nailed this. If you’re thinking about it, do it. You won’t be disappointed.
I believe the shop is closed for the week, but that boot is definitely on my list. The blind eyelets are so clean and if I ever do a Collab with one of the Alden retailers, it'll feature blind eyelets!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had an independent cobbler put Dainite soles on a pair of Alden LWBs and send them in for restoration - will they refuse to work on them, or just replace the soles with the classic sole that was originally on there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads