• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received an email from Carmina saying any shade of Cordovan in any style…the supposed “scarcity” is selective…
Hmm, well the last custom event I tried to participate in, they ran out of shaved black shell and I never got my pair.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After going back and forth on whether or not to keep the boots, I’ve decide they are too close to my color 4 pair to warrant keeping. If anyone is a size 10D barrie and interested in the Ravello wingtip boots, I’m going to list them on eBay when I can find some time in the next couple days.
Check your PMs @Leisurely Loafing

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such a clean boot @audog. Alden C-8 at it's best.

Ha, I love it. Great boot, even better name for it.....

Incoming today Gang. My itch-scratchers from AoM landed. Nothing special, just some basic C-8 Chukka's, but a model I've been searching for on the 2nd-hand market for a while. Generally I find myself buying less antique on 8 but I do like it with the commando sole. Strictly a casual make for me. At some point I'll figure out how to try on Chukka's without creasing........ View attachment 1913235 View attachment 1913229

And it's almost like I got a two-fer today as my torn Unlined BB's landed from Aram. Here's a quick on-feet shot after test driving them around the house for an hour or so. While I'll likely be a little nervous the first couple of times I wear them, they feel sturdy as heck. This guy is amazing......

View attachment 1913243

Here's what they looked like when I sent them and the haters (oh yeah, you know who you are :)) said it couldn't be done......

View attachment 1913253

It's really tough to capture how he did it but here is a shot of the interior where it appears as though he glued and stitched a piece of leather in the interior before stitching the exterior.....

View attachment 1913237

I love my rare shells as much as the next guy but these BB's are true unicorns. I am really glad to get them back in the fold.

To quote IC, today was a good day.......
For the record, I was one of the few who said try to fix it. Even though I knew I was full of shet.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't participated in Wingtip Wednesday in a while. Walked to dinner tonight and wasn't sure what weather we would get, so the Tobacco Reverse Chamois "Greenwich" boots got the nod.
PXL_20230309_025112008.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finishing wearing all the Alden (9/9) with the Whiskey Wingtips on 379X. They are so comfortable. Only wingtips amid all the Indys! Got these from a fellow SF'er.
(Sorry too many pics)
20230309_181415.jpg
20230309_181712.jpg
20230309_181728.jpg
20230309_182015.jpg
20230309_182110.jpg
20230309_182154.jpg

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I joke around about this latest round of WT boots being "Color-Fourvello" but I really, really dig them.

My problem is the number of Alden Ravello boots I have. Lost count, lol. These darker reddish Ravello's fill a void. I literally have nothing else in that color way.

When I placed the order in the middle of last year, I was hoping they would turn out more #4 than Ravello and that is exactly what they were!

Cheers!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. Stock 975s.

IMG_2650.jpg

intensanity

Reaction score
Hi gents. In the off-chance that someone with an 8.5E pair of Old Bronze PCTs decides maybe to potentially let em go, shoot me a DM.

Thanks.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents. In the off-chance that someone with an 8.5E pair of Old Bronze PCTs decides maybe to potentially let em go, shoot me a DM.

Thanks.
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that only D width was made of the Old Bronze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads