• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoetree

Reaction score
E9EBD16E-3D49-4100-A407-51BD6F7358DD.jpeg

👑 NST

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Feels like I've been saying this for 3 years now but I think I'm out as well. I would be shocked if I took ownership of new Alden's in 2023. WFH, retirement on the horizon, 1K+ for shell, a nagging decrease in quality and simply too many pairs of footwear are all contributing factors for me.
Totally agree, there are some I would love to have, but just can not justify 1K or so.

ac106

Reaction score
Aside from the Roy is there currently another makeup with plain toe, brown cxl , on one trubalance? Maybe on a cork sole?

SonnyTheElder

Reaction score
Aside from the Roy is there currently another makeup with plain toe, brown cxl , on one trubalance? Maybe on a cork sole?
Brick + Mortar has the makeup you describe on pre-order but on Commando.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody looking to sell a black wingtip boot on leather? 10 Barrie or 10.5D? I’m on the hunt.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brogue Venice Boot for Friday-eve
PXL_20230119_233359107.jpg

I hit these with two coats of Alden Leather Defender, giving each coat 24hrs to dry/cure. Haven't encountered any wet weather to test these out, but think this may be a process I follow for all shell cordovan shoes just to reduce water spots.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Or if you’re willing to sub cxl for chamois, this one is on cork.
Alden Madison makeup

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1880716

I hit these with two coats of Alden Leather Defender, giving each coat 24hrs to dry/cure. Haven't encountered any wet weather to test these out, but think this may be a process I follow for all shell cordovan shoes just to reduce water spots.

I will need to try the Alden Defender, because the urinal and sink create a lot of water spots on my shell..

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
View attachment 1880716

Love these! Just waiting on the next order to be filled (deposit already paid) and like many in the recent conversation, it will likely be my last Alden shell acquisition…

The excuse I used in a Crockett & Jones GMTO proposal on another thread not too long ago when the UK £ was considerably weaker, was that you could get a C&J handgrade MTO boot in rare shell with better QC at an equivalent price point as a stock Alden (Col 8 or black) shell boot; with the latest increases, it seems this will become the new normal, regardless of conversion rates. Even if C&J raises their prices later in the spring, it seems like there isn’t really a quality/Cordovan color comparison between the brands for the price…

…on a positive note, this story just reminded me: Navy shell Lindricks should be ready next month!

ac106

Reaction score

Not bad but the all eyelet is a borderline non starter. Combined with the commando, just too many drawbacks! Thank you for responding though!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Off to lunch in Annapolis and then the weekend in DC. The trip will be partially paid for. I responded to an ad in Craigslist about helping moving boxes out of a garage on the way down. Not sure of all the details but I'm sure they will fill me in once I get there.

IMG_2540.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads