• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
MRS. GOLD STRIKES BACK!!!! ?

So, I’ve taken to leaving the left boot of the Alden ravello chukka sitting in the sun every day.

The shell cordovan leather on the left boot is slightly darker than the right boot so I’m attempting to fade it a bit with the sunlight.

While at the office today, I received a text from Mrs Gold that contained this photo with a message that read:

“Living its best life”. ???

B057B4D3-1E94-4981-B3A4-48A305FBD436.jpeg

I’m so proud of Mrs. Gold (and slightly disturbed).

She’s still adorable. ??

Today…
F54DDA47-FEB9-4E7F-B48E-B349C4D0B1A8.jpeg

sammy

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Just wanted to remind you all that the crowdfunded special make-up by Alden of Madison in NY is just two orders short of going into production. To recap, here are the the details:
Style: George Boot
Leather: Black Shell Cordovan
Last: Plaza
Sole: Single Leather sole
Silver buckle

There's just 10 days left to get this fully funded.
Here is the link to place your deposit:

Let's make this happen!!
alden-shoe-e28093-black-shell-plaza-george-boot.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MRS. GOLD STRIKES BACK!!!! ?

So, I’ve taken to leaving the left boot of the Alden ravello chukka sitting in the sun every day.

The shell cordovan leather on the left boot is slightly darker than the right boot so I’m attempting to fade it a bit with the sunlight.

While at the office today, I received a text from Mrs Gold that contained this photo with a message that read:

“Living its best life”. ???

B057B4D3-1E94-4981-B3A4-48A305FBD436.jpeg

I’m so proud of Mrs. Gold (and slightly disturbed).

She’s still adorable. ??

Today…
View attachment 1756506
Windows sometimes block the UV rays that fade shell, so that guy may be there a while.....

mykii2704

Reaction score
?? Grail Alert ??

For those asking, here are the Color 4 Indy's. My first Indy's, in what is an ultimate makeup to me from a collectors lens. Color 4 is a special hue - as I said a page or two back, it has elements of Cigar, Ravello, and (naturally) Color 8. I've had or handled many shades of exotic shell and this is the most interesting color I have handled (I partly put this down to Alden's outstanding treatment of shell - something which no other manufacture can compete with IMO). Alden's treatment changes the dynamic of the boot a lot. Was very lucky to acquire these (the luck is not lost on me, and I'm appreciative that I was able to get something of this calibre in the stable), and I'm finding it very hard to wear these given the rarity. Nonetheless, I wanted to share with my fellow enthusiasts here.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 2.31.08 PM.png

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?? Grail Alert ??

For those asking, here are the Color 4 Indy's. My first Indy's, in what is an ultimate makeup to me from a collectors lens. Color 4 is a special hue - as I said a page or two back, it has elements of Cigar, Ravello, and (naturally) Color 8. I've had or handled many shades of exotic shell and this is the most interesting color I have handled (I partly put this down to Alden's outstanding treatment of shell - something which no other manufacture can compete with IMO). Alden's treatment changes the dynamic of the boot a lot. Was very lucky to acquire these (the luck is not lost on me, and I'm appreciative that I was able to get something of this calibre in the stable), and I'm finding it very hard to wear these given the rarity. Nonetheless, I wanted to share with my fellow enthusiasts here.

View attachment 1756574
Jeebers, congrats man

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Ealdwine modified Sir Walters back from Aram. After losing my Indy’s with neocork to the dreaded speed hook situation I decided to have these converted. I’ve never had a pair of Alden’s that weren’t exceptionally comfortable and I’ve never had a pair of Alden’s nearly as comfortable as neocork. I am admittedly late to the dance on neocork but my goodness, I’m all in…….

98F45F2B-AA6E-44EB-BFA4-0C58A5628140.jpeg
87F5F3D0-2928-4B98-935F-2B178DF6D1C0.jpeg
A28CCD58-360E-4B17-863E-03A04F1D848D.jpeg

6F2D5A0E-8993-488B-9904-D5902C7B5F92.jpeg

Far from an expert on Alden soles but these are amazing. Highly recommended.

barutanseijin

Reaction score

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Got my Ealdwine modified Sir Walters back from Aram. After losing my Indy’s with neocork to the dreaded speed hook situation I decided to have these converted. I’ve never had a pair of Alden’s that weren’t exceptionally comfortable and I’ve never had a pair of Alden’s nearly as comfortable as neocork. I am admittedly late to the dance on neocork but my goodness, I’m all in…….

View attachment 1756665 View attachment 1756666 View attachment 1756668
View attachment 1756669

Those look terrific with the black neocork.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1756665 View attachment 1756666 View attachment 1756668
View attachment 1756669

Now that’s creative. I like it! :cheers:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out today, shoveled snow and realized OH **** I'm wearing color 8 shell boots on Commando...no pix but realized...they are boots....shell is the original work boot...they will survive...so shoveled the rest of the drive.....

I probably would have had the same thought if I had done the same thing. I have pebble grain Alfred Sargents with a semi-bellows tongue, storm welt, and full lug sole for knocking around in the snow and slush. The tongue really is great for wet conditions because it's stitched halfway up on both sides, so it never slides and provides extra protection for stuff coming in from the top.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?? Grail Alert ??

View attachment 1756574

This shade does look a bit like cigar shell from back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads