• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was done......

I was in Seattle this weekend (after finally being vaccinated) and walked into Brick and Mortar just to see what they had in stock. I ended up walking out with the new Bainbridges. I also made a stop into Division Road where I am experimenting with Iron Heart and Shockoe denim. Here are the Bainbridges with the Iron Heart on the first day of wear.

IMG_0170.jpg

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This year is turning out to be a nice one. We should all enjoy it for what we can get out of it.

I was in Seattle this weekend (after finally being vaccinated) and walked into Brick and Mortar just to see what they had in stock. I ended up walking out with the new Bainbridges. I also made a stop into Division Road where I am experimenting with Iron Heart and Shockoe denim. Here are the Bainbridges with the Iron Heart on the first day of wear. I hope they turn out to be favorites.

View attachment 1607905

very nice.
Please keep us (or me) updated as I am really interested in an Indy "shoe".

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year is turning out to be a nice one. We should all enjoy it for what we can get out of it.

I was in Seattle this weekend (after finally being vaccinated) and walked into Brick and Mortar just to see what they had in stock. I ended up walking out with the new Bainbridges. I also made a stop into Division Road where I am experimenting with Iron Heart and Shockoe denim. Here are the Bainbridges with the Iron Heart on the first day of wear. I hope they turn out to be favorites.

View attachment 1607905
I got a pair of Bainbridge’s too, they’re awesome! ? Here’s mine standing on a Patek Philippe Aquanaut.
0595EB3A-0F48-48C6-97A7-91C96046C3CD.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inaugural outing in my namesakes, Savvysartorial Harvard wings from the boys at Ealdwine went even better than expected!

PXL_20210510_133842542.jpg
PXL_20210510_133407512.jpg
PXL_20210510_133412823.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How urban of you to include a manhole cover!:rotflmao:
at one time, on this and other SF shoe threads, there was a raft of manhole cover photos. Was a thing for a while.

Not to be grim, but people in NYC were (and may still be) afraid of manhole covers until they started to add insulated material on them (but not all of them have it applied). The salt used in the winter gets down into the areas under the manhole covers and over time the electric lines insulation disintegrates and the live wires start touching the underside of the covers making them electrified.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@savvysartorial, this is probably one of the reasons Brooks Brothers has not yet restarted the MTM dress shirt program because they are too busy chasing an even younger customer that they will never get and this campaign will only lead to the next bankruptcy. One of these days I hope someone at BB realizes that history keeps repeating itself in the same way: chase younger clients you will never get, alienate more long term customers, heavily discount all trendy merchandise that younger customers never wanted and long time customers think is ridiculous, declare bankruptcy, get bought out by someone else who thinks they can save the company, and then start the process all over again. :brick:

1620700173427.png

1620700327108.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to be grim, but people in NYC were (and may still be) afraid of manhole covers until they started to add insulated material on them (but not all of them have it applied). The salt used in the winter gets down into the areas under the manhole covers and over time the electric lines insulation disintegrates and the live wires start touching the underside of the covers making them electrified.

Somebody was sort of asleep at the wheel on this

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@savvysartorial, this is probably one of the reasons Brooks Brothers has not yet restarted the MTM dress shirt program because they are too busy chasing an even younger customer that they will never get and this campaign will only lead to the next bankruptcy. One of these days I hope someone at BB realizes that history keeps repeating itself in the same way: chase younger clients you will never get, alienate more long term customers, heavily discount all trendy merchandise that younger customers never wanted and long time customers think is ridiculous, declare bankruptcy, get bought out by someone else who thinks they can save the company, and then start the process all over again. :brick:

View attachment 1607961
View attachment 1607963
Good God, those are ugly clothes

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was a period of time that manhole covers were blowing off. Was this what caused it?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

adrs1157

Reaction score
So many beautiful shoes and boots on this thread...I'm thinking of saying F*ck it and quitting, I can't seem to wear a pair of anything nice with out scuffs, scrapes, damage rendering them less than photogenic, and certainly no where near as beautiful as others on this thread....Am I alone in things like getting a scratch that goes deep on a new pair of color 8 boots? Or wearing beautiful saddle shoes and getting them scraped by the screen door while trying to carry a kid in the house? I try, God knows I try, to keep my footwear nice and keep up with others on this thread, but just can't, never have been able to keep footwear pristine. I may just check out, as it's getting frustrating to me........but I SOOOOOO love to see the shoes/boots of those who CAN keep them looking like first wear, even after years...
Photo of side of color 8 boots, screen door, carrying 5 month old granddaughter and dodging a dog, door wins View attachment 1607272
I'm late to the party here but I enjoy photos of worn in boots. Especially Aldens. You pay a premium for these boots and durability and longevity is part of the package. Seeing worn in Aldens, resoled, restored and worn in inclement weather - these are the things newcomers visit this thread for. Please keep doing what you're doing. You're doing a lot of people favours, especially those who lurk on the thread or do google searches about Alden shoes.

Remember the pair you sold me last year? I took them camping for a week and wore them into the winter and again this spring. They're incredible.

20210510_224420.jpg

20210509_001755.jpg

20210510_224629.jpg

20210509_001351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance