• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilby

Reaction score
Those look amazing!!! What was the process like to acquire rare shell from Frans Boone? Did you have to join a waiting list?
I picked these up 7 or 8 years ago. Believe it or not I got them straight of their website, times have changed. About 5 years ago I inquired about getting on a list with them for rare shell and the answer was a resounding NO! I've purchased 7 or 8 pairs from them so I thought it was worth a try. I was told Alden had changed policy and they were no longer allowed to sell rare shell online or to US customers.

pedromvu

Reaction score
Got my most comfortable boots for a weekend trip to Portland, OR

20200202_093816.jpg

On the downside, even with TSA pre check they made me remove them everytime (which sucks without speed hooks), this wasn't a problem with Truman so I wonder if they really have a shank.

patrickngai

Reaction score
I picked these up 7 or 8 years ago. Believe it or not I got them straight of their website, times have changed. About 5 years ago I inquired about getting on a list with them for rare shell and the answer was a resounding NO! I've purchased 7 or 8 pairs from them so I thought it was worth a try. I was told Alden had changed policy and they were no longer allowed to sell rare shell online or to US customers.

How times have indeed changed... kinda places my rare shell dreams to rest for the now unless I come across something on eBay or the Buy and Sell thread.

Speaking of which if anyone is looking to offload some rare shell in size 10-10.5 E, please hit me up ?

BTW your shoes looks amazing with 8 years of wear :O guess shell really does age like no other...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bestest, most comfortable boots ever yesterday, reverse tobacco chamois Indys. If there was a fire and I could only save one pair of boots, these would be the ones I'd save. These really have it all -- looks, comfort and versatility

View attachment 1331542
With 3-5 inches of snow due today and into this evening, and I have to be out all day, I plan on wearing mine today. Even though I'm going into the office, there are times when a durable boot on a lugged (commando) sole is needed. I never worry about weather in Reverse Tobacco Chamois, they can handle it.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barie seems to be more of a casual last to me. Do you all wear Barie lasted shoes/boots with dress slacks?

I do as Barrie works with my feet.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bestest, most comfortable boots ever yesterday, reverse tobacco chamois Indys. If there was a fire and I could only save one pair of boots, these would be the ones I'd save. These really have it all -- looks, comfort and versatility

View attachment 1331542
I have the same pair and totally agree, love em!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Fifth gentlemen! Maiden voyage of the chili shell Fifth Street boot.

I've been waiting to wear these and boy they don't disappoint! For whatever reason my left boot looks washed out but the right retains its true chili color. I can smell the shell just standing here.

IMG_20200205_085030.jpg
IMG_20200205_090537.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads