• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it really is, unfortunately, but snuff of all shades is quite excellent IMO
I agree. I do like the lighter ones more though as I think it’d pop better with black jeans and charcoal wool pants. So I’m just seeing what’s available.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree. I do like the lighter ones more though as I think it’d pop better with black jeans and charcoal wool pants. So I’m just seeing what’s available.
A tale of three snuffs.
Late 17/early 18, mid/late 18, fall 19
IMG_20200130_173431.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah I see what JSO1 is referring to. Slight variation but they all look great ?
Yup. My LHS ads in a forth variation too
the original question was about eBay sellers of Alden shoes. Thanks for your response.
There's no true eBay retail stores for Alden; basically all individual sales.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posted from AE thread:

Little did I think, a year ago, that I would have acquired so many shoes and boots in such a short period of time. In fact, a year ago, I'm not sure I thought I'd acquire any more shoes and boots than I already had.

You see, up until about a year and a half ago, I had a very small collection of footwear: two pair of dress shoes, a pair of loafers, a pair of boots, a pair of driving moccasins, and three pair of New Balance 928s (and some other odds and ends that never got worn outside of the house or the back yard). My usual outfit back then was jeans and sneakers, with a polo in the warmer weather, and a flannel shirt in the colder weather.

The I joined Styleforum.

Now I have a small army of shoes and boots, pretty much all of them acquired since joining this forum, a year ago today.

And so, this is my first annual "State of the Collection" post, with a picture of the collection as of this morning:

footwear-collection_2020-02-23.jpg

Back Row:

AE Brown CXL Higgins Mill
Viberg x Division Road Arabica Calf Suede Derby Boot
AE Brown Sonoma Surrey Chukka
Viberg x Division Road Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boot
Grant Stone Dark Chestnut CXL Diesel
AE Tan Sonoma Surrey Cap-Toe
AE Chili Shell Fifth Street

Middle Row:

Meccariello Castagna Baby Box Calf Decurion 3
Alden 983 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister
Rancourt Natty CXL Driving Moccasin
Grant Stone Bourbon Suede Leo LWB
AE Navy/Brown Boulder Driving Moccasin
Alden x Moulded Shoe Color 8 LWB on Commando

Front Row:

Alden 994 Color 8 Traditional Saddle Oxford
Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NST
AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Black Cherry Shell Bristol
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson
Alden x Brick + Mortar Unlined Color 8 Dover

Not pictured (because symmetry, and not in the regular rotation):

AE Brown Fenway
Brooks Brothers Burgundy Tassel Loafer

Not pictured (because they haven't arrived yet):

AE Brown Tumbled Leather Tupelo
Alden x B+M Snuff Suede "Marvaments" Straight Tip Boot
Alden x B+M Color 8 Tanker Boot
Alden x Sherman Brothers Earth Chamois Indy Boot

NOTE: Before I joined Styleforum, I had three of the shoes/boots pictured above: the Alden 994s, the AE Higgins Mills, and the AE Boulders. All of the others have been acquired in the past year.

Next year, I'll probably have to break the collection up into multiple pictures. Or get a taller ladder...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross-posted from AE thread:

Little did I think, a year ago, that I would have acquired so many shoes and boots in such a short period of time. In fact, a year ago, I'm not sure I thought I'd acquire any more shoes and boots than I already had.

You see, up until about a year and a half ago, I had a very small collection of footwear: two pair of dress shoes, a pair of loafers, a pair of boots, a pair of driving moccasins, and three pair of New Balance 928s (and some other odds and ends that never got worn outside of the house or the back yard). My usual outfit back then was jeans and sneakers, with a polo in the warmer weather, and a flannel shirt in the colder weather.

The I joined Styleforum.

Now I have a small army of shoes and boots, pretty much all of them acquired since joining this forum, a year ago today.

And so, this is my first annual "State of the Collection" post, with a picture of the collection as of this morning:

View attachment 1342729

Back Row:

AE Brown CXL Higgins Mill
Viberg x Division Road Arabica Calf Suede Derby Boot
AE Brown Sonoma Surrey Chukka
Viberg x Division Road Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boot
Grant Stone Dark Chestnut CXL Diesel
AE Tan Sonoma Surrey Cap-Toe
AE Chili Shell Fifth Street

Middle Row:

Meccariello Castagna Baby Box Calf Decurion 3
Alden 983 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister
Rancourt Natty CXL Driving Moccasin
Grant Stone Bourbon Suede Leo LWB
AE Navy/Brown Boulder Driving Moccasin
Alden x Moulded Shoe Color 8 LWB on Commando

Front Row:

Alden 994 Color 8 Traditional Saddle Oxford
Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NST
AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Black Cherry Shell Bristol
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson
Alden x Brick + Mortar Unlined Color 8 Dover

Not pictured (because symmetry, and not in the regular rotation):

AE Brown Fenway
Brooks Brothers Burgundy Tassel Loafer

Not pictured (because they haven't arrived yet):

AE Brown Tumbled Leather Tupelo
Alden x B+M Snuff Suede "Marvaments" Straight Tip Boot
Alden x B+M Color 8 Tanker Boot
Alden x Sherman Brothers Earth Chamois Indy Boot

NOTE: Before I joined Styleforum, I had three of the shoes/boots pictured above: the Alden 994s, the AE Higgins Mills, and the AE Boulders. All of the others have been acquired in the past year.

Next year, I'll probably have to break the collection up into multiple pictures. Or get a taller ladder...
AWESOME!!!! I vote for breaking up the collection as we don't want you falling off a taller ladder.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members