• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My whiskey LWBs arrived today and they are just flawless. Whoever made them really knew what they were doing. Pictures when they get worn.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Whoah, good to see you back my man !
I'm sorry to hear about the cut on the Aldens.
I've never had that happen. Hopefully someone on the forum can give some advice.

Hope to see you around the Forum more!
Hi Sazon, Alden thread is just like home not matter how long you’re away when you return you feel right at ease. I’ll have to get in the habit of posting again, photobucket put the brakes on free image hosting so I’d need a new host and instructions on how to post a pic again, it’s been awhile and life has been busy. :)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
View attachment 1292024
Alden x Standard & Strange Whipsnakes
My new (to me) Alden Shell LWB are becoming serious travelers. If I’m traveling and have to spend the night, then I can pack these and wear loafers through security. Then I usually change into the shoes I really want to wear.

You can tell the DFW airport has been lax in vacuuming. I really love these shoes!

View attachment 1292045

It is also very sad seeing what other professionals choose for footwear. I see men wearing what look like decent suits and on their feet are plasticy junk or what amounts to dressy tennis shoes.

I did see a guy dressed like Ali G at the shoe shine booth. He was getting a pair of Shell Cordovan boots shined. Unfortunately, the shoe shine guy was slathering on regular polish.
401's this morning to take dog to doggie daycare View attachment 1292075
Tan Calfskin from B&M today. Swapped them to round AE laces last night for the first time and I like the new look, might be doing that to other boots.

View attachment 1292165
Been too long. I rub on LLBean boot guard with my hands. When they scuff, I just rub the scuff with my thumb. View attachment 1292194
Happy Socks from the wife.
View attachment 1292248
Have a pair of size 9 Plaza #8 boots on the B/S/T thread View attachment 1292290
Heading out to a wine tasting/cooking demonstration (class is what they say) and what better to wear for the two block walk from parking to the site than, flannel lined pants and Eald-WINE boots View attachment 1292347

Guys, looking just superb all around here today! Awesome work. Prof, the dog wins. :)

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Tuesday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Chukka Boots.

0E9D66BE-0BD6-4033-B2BC-19F2FCE653B3.jpeg

CE434172-FD67-444C-9EAB-15ADE172272B.jpeg

-Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. It is raining in LA and it seemed a good time to go with scotch grain on commando to fight off the dampness. They look great with jeans.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My "family portrait" (there are only 4 Aldens in the family at this point, but the Mayor said it was open to all brands, so here goes):

20191204_family.jpg

Top to bottom; left to right:

Allen Edmonds Fenway
Allen Edmonds Brown CXL Higgins Mill
Allen Edmonds Nubuck Surrey Chukka
Allen Edmonds Tan Sonoma Surrey Cap-Toe
Viberg x DR Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boot
Grant Stone Dark Walnut CXL Diesel

Rancourt Natty CXL Driving Moc
Allen Edmonds Hopkinson
Allen Edmonds Mackenzie
Allen Edmonds Black Cherry Shell Bristol
Alden x B+M Unlined Color 8 Dover
Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NST

Brooks Brothers Tassel Loafer
Alden Color 8 Traditional Saddle
Grant Stone Bourbon Suede LWB
Alden Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
Allen Edmonds Navy/Brown Boulder
Meccariello Castagna Box Calf Decurion 3

And, by way of contrast (and in tribute to the rabbit hole), my family portrait from 8 months ago:

20190408_family.jpg

Left to right:

Bostonian Cap-Toe Oxford (since donated to St. Vincent's)
Alden Color 8 Traditional Saddle
Allen Edmonds Mackenzie
Brooks Brothers Tassel Loafer
Allen Edmonds Navy/Brown Boulder
Allen Edmonds Nubuck Surrey Chukka
Allen Edmonds Brown CXL Higgins Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics