• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shawnc what are the details on the black bal boots.

They are actually navy. Fortunately my camera skills leave much to be desired and the navy is quite obvious in person. They are an MTO from Solegarb. He had a bunch of navy and green shell and let me design it myself down to the smallest detail.
View attachment 1227717 View attachment 1227718 View attachment 1227719 View attachment 1227720
These babies are amazing! Just a few small dark spots in the acrylic glaze and one visible tack mark in the heel counter on the right boot. Other than that I am veeeery happy.

Dang IC, don't be so mean!!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New pickup today--Grant lasted wtbs from Yenni. Been wanting a pair for a while and finally decided to jump on her latest run. Indiana already gave them his seal of approval by headbutting them a few times.

20190821_162639.jpg
20190821_163012.jpg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last post on these but quite honestly I grabbed them because I didn't have a whiskey boot when they were made available. Since then, I was lucky enough to take delivery on the bourbon bergs as well as the whiskey splits. As such, I fully planned to use these as trade bait. But once I opened the box they instantly changed my mind and I couldn't quite figure out why. And then it hit me, they are almost a dead-ringer for the shells I would keep if I could only keep one pair......

20190821_172803.jpg

My Jcrew caps in a glorious shade of whiskey. Give them a flat welt and they're virtually identical. Once I realized why I like them as much as I do, I swapped the laces and creased them. This makes it official, they're staying home.....

20190821_172544.jpg

vincentkd88

Reaction score
New pickup today--Grant lasted wtbs from Yenni. Been wanting a pair for a while and finally decided to jump on her latest run. Indiana already gave them his seal of approval by headbutting them a few times.

View attachment 1227734 View attachment 1227735

I remember when I purchased these. Went to visit the store “just because”. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I had to have them. Sean was great as he helped he hone in on my correct size. Here’s how they look after some wear. Enjoy!

14CBE386-1A95-4EDF-9A7C-10F2FE608EA7.jpeg

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last post on these but quite honestly I grabbed them because I didn't have a whiskey boot when they were made available. Since then, I was lucky enough to take delivery on the bourbon bergs as well as the whiskey splits. As such, I fully planned to use these as trade bait. But once I opened the box they instantly changed my mind and I couldn't quite figure out why. And then it hit me, they are almost a dead-ringer for the shells I would keep if I could only keep one pair......

View attachment 1227739

My Jcrew caps in a glorious shade of whiskey. Give them a flat welt and they're virtually identical. Once I realized why I like them as much as I do, I swapped the laces and creased them. This makes it official, they're staying home.....

View attachment 1227742
Say no more, brother! Glad you decided to keep them.

I also just creased mine walking around the apartment. These babies aren’t leaving my rotation either.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when I purchased these. Went to visit the store “just because”. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I had to have them. Sean was great as he helped he hone in on my correct size. Here’s how they look after some wear. Enjoy!

View attachment 1227744

Thanks and yours look fantastic with some wear and the corded laces. Grant is probably my favorite boot last, very comfortable for my feet and easily able to be dressed up or down. Makes it a great fit for a WTB, IMO.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score

View attachment 1227734 View attachment 1227735
Dang, I'm tempted to order. B&M has a pair in my size. I kinda wish it was on double leather though.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes if you find a fit, stick with it! You can't do Aberdeen because of your width, correct?

Wow. That's dedication. I just really think that wingtip would look neat with a proper antique welt. The matched agatine eyelets would be sweet looking with the sole.

It would look like this when done.... Amazing I think. I'm convincing myself to try it... :p

View attachment 1227377

View attachment 1227378
Is that the Brogue make up?
stellar
On your Choco Suede Boot point, that reminds me that I was intending to do another entry in the series on the Essential Suede Models. The Choco Suede would be on that list or a very close honorable mention, but probably would be on it since I already have the Snuff WT Boot on the first list.

-Mike

I was recently in touch with AOM about getting myself a pair of their choco tankers. Evidently, they are considering discontinuing the model. Which would be a collosal bummer. Hope they can be persuaded to run another pre-order or two of this boot.

Disco Volante

Reaction score
I was recently in touch with AOM about getting myself a pair of their choco tankers. Evidently, they are considering discontinuing the model. Which would be a collosal bummer. Hope they can be persuaded to run another pre-order or two of this boot.

Oh no! Glad I picked mine up a few months ago when I did. I think the only other option is Leather Soul, but you’d have better luck getting Alden to MTO you a #4 boot in your pattern of choice. I’m surprised nobody else makes them, it’s a really great boot.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are the slightly-different LS version (AoM version has a flat welt, slightly different stitching possibly a couple other differences - I think @mdubs helped them spec it out). They're both fantastic, and I'd guess LS will still run it, but infrequently as always. I hope AoM sticks with it or somebody like Ealdwine picks it up - a pretty unique boot with a lot of presence.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call. I size Hampton and Plaza identically.
Same.

Glad I got a pair reserved from the next run, should be coming up as I was quoted end of summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads