• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Although this is the 2019 thread these were refurbed in Dec. of 2018. No “before” pics but they looked the same as the LHS soles and heels. These are about 12-15 years old.

View attachment 1221803

View attachment 1221804

View attachment 1221806

View attachment 1221805

View attachment 1221807

I have another pair currently at Alden and they be done by early part of September.

Well, those came out really nicely and Alden did you well on them. They look just superb!

-Mike

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking nice and comfy on your fly day! I have wearing my Cape Cod Loafers more and more during my travels due to their shank free design. Makes them easier to go through security.
They stomped all over Jakarta and a bit of Seoul as well as both of the long stretches out, between and back, so they were taking care of all kinds of comfort. They do alarm, so they come off even at TSA, but they're easy to get off and on. Whenever I resole them I might consider a fiberglass shank if such a thing is available in the right size/dimensions, but they are fantastic. I'm not sure why, but I decided not to bring/wear the AExMD chukkas I have (that are also green suede - don't judge me).

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These have been missed for a while and time to be worn tomorrow. The bloom I found said they were ignored too long.

Dearborn

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm selling these Color 8 Shell PTB/Dovers from Alden x Epaulet.

Size 9.5 D on the Grant last. These have hardly been worn.

$425 + shipping. Not trying to price gouge.

s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600 (13).jpg
s-l1600 (17).jpg
s-l1600 (16).jpg
s-l1600 (18).jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (14).jpg
    s-l1600 (14).jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600 (15).jpg
    s-l1600 (15).jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 9

Disco Volante

Reaction score
For Saturday, I wore my brand new Rancourt Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes. Wore them for a little bit to start breaking them in. I share these here, since my friends at Alden, do not make a Boat Shoe....

Summer Saturday. Rancourt Natural Shell Cordovan Boat Shoe.

View attachment 1221815
-Mike

How funny, I just took delivery of my Caramel shell cordovan Rancourts this last week as well. Excellent taste sir!
0A5B3064-36BC-46E5-AE0F-E3C498148C1B.jpeg

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
@smartbrother Really digging the leather on those Michigan Boots. Be sure to post pics when they arrive. @ELClodge Looks like people moved as soon as Union Made upped the discount to 50%. I wonder if they're liquidating their stock because they're going out of business.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@smartbrother Really digging the leather on those Michigan Boots. Be sure to post pics when they arrive. @ELClodge Looks like people moved as soon as Union Made upped the discount to 50%. I wonder if they're liquidating their stock because they're going out of business.

Sure seems that way. I've been getting emails with ever increasing discounts on top of discounts for the past few months. They held back a lot of their higher end stuff, but a couple weeks ago they started including Alden and some of the Japanese makers. Now, it's everything must go type of e-mail activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads