• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be interested to see the new sole, is it needed? I mean, is there an issue with existing soles, or is it a marketing thing. Is it better than something that exists now? Is it a replacement for something current?

It’s a full, thin rubber sole. Meant to be a rubber dress sole.

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
will be interesting to see how it wears. I'd say its the rubber version of the double waterloc. it might not be my first choice but it wasn't bad, pretty thin, i'd probably stick with the waterloc on the shoe below.

also for those curious on pics - if you follow Yenni on instagram she posted a pic of the 'sample' table that was laid out. the orleans last is the two "indy" looking shoes on the top row. fwiw i went all in and dropped a deposit on these, been trying to find a shoe that is casual and not barrie lasted, figured this is worth a shot!

its the second pic here....

johnnymiz

Reaction score
first outing with my new black shell v-tips from Brogue.
love them
comfortable right out of the box

20190507_063254-784x1613.jpg

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1145917 Black Shell LHS, enjoying the white contrast stitching..
chipshot, Bruce Posey here. How are you doing? I want to transfer all of my beautiful Alden shells size 11 Barrie to a new owner who would appreciate them. Lightly worn mind you, but lovingly cared for. How shall I proceed in this endeavor? BTW, I shot a 68 at The Jewel Golf Course designed by Hale Irwin in Lake City, MN, last Tuesday from the tips. The tee boxes were 20 to 40 yards back from the whites, but I’ve realized over the years that the championship tees have better positioning and more room room to make a drive from, or so I tell myself. I love hitting my long irons like Gary Player. I found a Titleist 2iron from an old set with True Temper Gold X-100 shafts in it that I really love to hit out of difficult lies. Go figure? Ttys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads