• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Limmers. Are they the custom or off the shelf?
These are a pair of handmade boots, because that’s the only way you can make them, from the original last’s designed by Peter Limmer himself, and produced in Bavaria Germany by Meindl, one of the most important hiking boot companies in the world. Fortunately I’m lucky enough to be able to fit into standard sized boots and shoes because I don’t have any orthotic problems with my feet. And also because I didn’t want to wait for a couple of years for new custom hiking boots. If your interested please call Limmer Boot directly. Ask for Ken Smith. He’s the ****.

jnik

Reaction score
These are a pair of handmade boots, because that’s the only way you can make them, from the original last’s designed by Peter Limmer himself, and produced in Bavaria Germany by Meindl, one of the most important hiking boot companies in the world. Fortunately I’m lucky enough to be able to fit into standard sized boots and shoes because I don’t have any orthotic problems with my feet. And also because I didn’t want to wait for a couple of years for new custom hiking boots. If your interested please call Limmer Boot directly. Ask for Ken Smith. He’s the ****.
Oh I know I have a pair as well. My fit is good but not perfect. I've been trying to convince myself that I need a pair of the customs as well.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I know I have a pair as well. My fit is good but not perfect. I've been trying to convince myself that I need a pair of the customs as well.
The break in period is enormous for these boots. I’ve had mine for a year and they’re just now feeling like the best boots I’ve ever owned. If I had to run out of my house onto the surface of planet earth, not knowing where I would be going, these Limmer Boots would be the footwear that I would choose to leave with.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Dang dude. Killing the Mocca today. Leffot took good care of you with those.

Fantastic looking Grain. Love the darker grain.

Thanks! Yes, they are an AoC makeup. Who knows if it will be made again. I guess that depends on the shell availability and other things that may be in line for it. I do see that AoC has made up the same shoe in natty CXL which I would grab if I did not have these. Speaking of which, they got the call today.

View attachment 1145692
View attachment 1145693

Those are looking great Doc. Those are hard to get especially given scarcity of the leather.

Looking good Chipper in your King Gunboats.

Ok. Second wearing of the Dr. Jones boots from Brick and Mortar in black shell cordovan. Since these are so comfortable (plaza last), I may end up posting these a lot. I hope it will be ok.
View attachment 1145727

Those look superb FBML. Lovely looking Dr Jones.

View attachment 1145765 What’s going on Alden Shell Cordovan aficionados?

Very nice King Boots sir and nice laces in them.

Just got these back from Aram. New new heal and feeling great. Love some natural chrome patina. View attachment 1145906

Those look great. Congrats and Aram does amazing work with genuine Alden parts.

View attachment 1145917 Black Shell LHS, enjoying the white contrast stitching..

Those are looking good Chippy and the contrast stitching does look nice. I usually use the stitching turning white as a reference that I need to add some paste wax.

Bad pics. Perfect heals. Aram knows his stuff. He's actually closing up the storefront due to health issues, but will still do aldens via mail or through the alden dc store.

View attachment 1145944

View attachment 1145945

Those are great. Bummer to hear about Aram. I did hear about his circumstances. Hope it works out well for him. He is a genuinely nice guy.

View attachment 1145951
It’s great that you have a store close by. I too was dubious about Alden’s kinda weird sizing’s in what they call their Barrie lasted shoes. That was until I decided to listen to a man who’d been selling Alden’s for over 30yrs. He had one pair of the iconic 990’s left in the store, Hubert W. Whites in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Even though they’d been tried on by several men before me I bought them anyway because Shell Cordovan looks better when they start to roll.

View attachment 1145990
Yes it is sir. Yes it is. Look what your evil rath hath done to my bedroom. All dressed up and nowhere to go. Lol.

Those look great to dude! A nice row of Alden goodness.

Those Snuffs are looking just superb Spun!!!

-Mike

Pedlar

Reaction score
The break in period is enormous for these boots. I’ve had mine for a year and they’re just now feeling like the best boots I’ve ever owned. If I had to run out of my house onto the surface of planet earth, not knowing where I would be going, these Limmer Boots would be the footwear that I would choose to leave with.

Enjoying the Limmer pic and comments— fantastic boots and Ken Smith is truly great.

And the break-in is ferocious. Still working on mine after six months (but fit is getting better and better).

bozz2006

Reaction score
I would like to buy a new pair of cordovan Alden boots.
What online stores should I be checking to get them under retail?
Please enjoy this pic of my regular ol Indy boots and my dog chewing on a blanket.

787C3216-787E-4222-9B94-11A2DE31A492.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please enjoy this pic of my regular ol Indy boots and my dog chewing on a blanket.

View attachment 1146157
I doubt one could find cordovan Aldens at less than retail, or any perhaps any Aldens for that matter.
And I'm a big fan of dogs in shoe pictures :)

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1146157
You could try factory seconds at the shoemart.com. Other than that, wait for a retailer who is going out of business or dissolving their relationship with Alden and blowing out their inventory.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You could try factory seconds at the shoemart.com. Other than that, wait for a retailer who is going out of business or dissolving their relationship with Alden and blowing out their inventory.

Seconds at Shoemart is best bet. It doesn't seem all that frequent that retailers of Alden are going out of business or dissolving relationship, although it does happen. I would like to add checking Ebay.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconds at Shoemart is best bet. It doesn't seem all that frequent that retailers of Alden are going out of business or dissolving relationship, although it does happen. I would like to add checking Ebay.
Not frequent at all. Just missed Brooks Brothers blowout. Before that, CitiShoes and WinnPerry, like a year or more ago. Before that, I don’t remember the last time. +1 for eBay for new and used. Frankly, scouring for less than retail is more hassle than it’s worth. Best to pony up and get what you really like from a reputable authorized dealer.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not frequent at all. Just missed Brooks Brothers blowout. Before that, CitiShoes and WinnPerry, like a year or more ago. Before that, I don’t remember the last time. +1 for eBay for new and used. Frankly, scouring for less than retail is more hassle than it’s worth. Best to pony up and get what you really like from a reputable authorized dealer.

Agree that it is a major hassle to scour for less than retail. Sometimes reputable authorized dealers do have "last chance" models that are offered at a discount over retail, but those selections are typically limited in style and/or size.

bozz2006

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm prepared to pay retail. I just didn't want to do that, and then find out that I could have gotten them at a discount.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm prepared to pay retail. I just didn't want to do that, and then find out that I could have gotten them at a discount.

Also check eBay and styleforum buy & sell. Quite often you can get new or very lightly worn pairs for a significant discount. Although my first purchase was full retail at Alden DC, I’ve bought many pairs from members here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads