• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, Hampton last! I am wearing an 11.5C, the same size as my Aberdeen. I never tried a half size up as I know they would swim on me. The only thing I am interested in seeing is if 11C feels fine. However, the 11.5C feels pretty darn good all over.

Is it almost a given that Aberdeen and Hampton are the same size? In other words, it's impossible to wear Hampton a half size down from Aberdeen?

Thank you, they have some serious pizzazz!

I will certainly be re-lacing them with straight lacing. I try to break my shoes in with cross lacing and after a handful of wears, move to the straight lacing. I feel it breaks in easier.

Excellent! I wish you the best of luck in getting them. Luckily it's a stock model so as long as you're not an odd size like me, you can call anytime and order!

When I break in all my new shoes, I'll be switching to this style because you highly recommend it.
Ha! I doubt I have that much clout around here!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@savvysartorial It’s never a given. I don’t have a lot of experience with either. I’d love to have my pick of all lasts in 11.5 - 12.5 in A and B widths. Maybe even a C on the shorter sizes. I’d spend the day trying them all on and then I would no longer be able to buy groceries.

I am 99% sure my Aberdeen size is 11.5C. By proxy, Alden associates told me to stick with that for Hampton.

LOL I totally feel that pain. That's the one place Alden falls short of AE is their retail network. Although they can't keep up with the demand now, so more stores would only increase their workload.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome boots, thanks! It seems the Indy boot is the most changed shoe for different lasts. Trubal, Barrie, Plaza, etc.

Well.... Maybe :p

I too, love it. Maybe Indiana Jones and his whip? Fighting snakes? Whipsnakes? :)
Plus he didn't like snakes, afraid of them. Whatever, it's a great name for a boot, or a rock band.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus he didn't like snakes, afraid of them. Whatever, it's a great name for a boot, or a rock band.
Was watching the first movie last night. Lots of boot footage in that snake scene.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of us who bemoan our wide feet, at least we can find shoes. Hint, we are only supposed to have 5 toes.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 8.39.51 AM.png

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, exactly! Very 80's hair band style.

Do you have a preference when it comes to split reverse or storm welt?

Silly question, what is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads