• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would maybe have done the same if they had my narrow size - and if I had the coupon. They do a good job stocking narrow widths in the Alden loafers but they don’t have mine in color 8 and I don’t have an occasion for black yet.
I thought you were wearing D width in another color of LHS already?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like. How do you feel about the single leather sole on a boot? I would love a modified boot in shell with neocork or double waterloc.

Love it. Generally I prefer double sole on boots, but the single gives a not so clunky feel to these. Sometimes it's good to mix things up.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were wearing D width in another color of LHS already?
All my shoes are D except my one BB LHS that I got on eBay which is 11.5B. I have another LHS in Ravello which is 11D. I decided to sell two of my 5 Alden pairs that were just too wide at the waist.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Said LHS:
4BDEDFD2-DA9B-4229-B97C-8652F9F7BC14.jpeg
62F24427-25E6-43C6-B870-F325ADE55C8C.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1055976 View attachment 1055977 Dark Ceeeeegar in different lighting. Please excuse my phone shadow in the second pic. Happy Friday to all.
Amazing... even a bit of greenish to them
Black shell on Modified.
View attachment 1055978
So. Great.
View attachment 1055979 Decided to try a 401 in a D width (I’m a C in Barrie) due to availability and a sale. Fits well enough! Maybe I’ll try some thin liners later but they fit as well as any of my D width Whites boots.
Lace looks quite good to me
I like. How do you feel about the single leather sole on a boot? I would love a modified boot in shell with neocork or double waterloc.
I've got 4 pairs with single leather; i think it's great for a bit dressier boot.
Anyone looking for a steal on some Whiskey LWBS?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183491567219?ul_noapp=true
@St Hubbins ?
Total drool for both you guys

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing... even a bit of greenish to them

So. Great.

Lace looks quite good to me

I've got 4 pairs with single leather; i think it's great for a bit dressier boot.

@St Hubbins ?

Total drool for both you guys
While having a second pair to really put some miles on would be nice, I’m good. Had enough of a problem coming to grips with MSRP.

But if those go for five figures, I might toss mine up there and see if I can’t turn them into a whole fleet.

But then again a bird in the hand..

kellte2

Reaction score
All three of you have!! Must be nice jeans..did you simply order online or did you go to a store? Was reading to size down for stretch, would you agree?

The raw denim does give quite a bit (about an in or so in the waist), so you’ll want them snug. I actually live in Raleigh, so a fitting for me is just a drive away. I assume they’re easy going with shipping and returns via the online store. I’d highly recommend the original raw. It takes some time to break in and they’re very stiff at first, but once the jeans begin to soften and take on your unique wear, you won’t regret the purchase. Think of it as a denim patina!

They have several different cuts, so keep that in mind. As a former soccer player, I took the Graham, as I needed some additional room in the thigh.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All three of you have!! Must be nice jeans..did you simply order online or did you go to a store? Was reading to size down for stretch, would you agree?
I'm lucky that they're local for me, so my first pair of selvedge and the two pairs of stretch denim in the same pattern were all purchased (and hemmed on their Union Special 43200G in the store). I love the selvedge so much that I bought a second pair - found a stockist that was offering 15% or 20% off the first order.

It is vanity sizing - I'm a 40-41 waist (*sob*) and the 38 fits me amazingly well and is fine after the first wash (which was just a few days ago). The stretch-denim fits the same for me, though aren't quite the home-run the selvedge is (though still a solid triple and would buy them again).

Net: Size down to the next even size and get the selvedge. They're seriously expensive, but worth it IMHO. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have any of my 5 or so pairs of Gustins and would be happy with 1 more pair of Raleighs. I guess it is the same as shoes - have fewer but better.

MysteryV

Reaction score
So I finally got my first pair of rare shell Alden's. In this case, cigar chukka's in an 11D. Haven't tried them on yet as, while I'm extremely excited about them, my first choice in rare shell would be whiskey Indy's.

I don't suppose anyone here would be interested in a trade would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads