• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saddles in Manhattan! Visited Leffot today and Madison, Moulded and Citishoes yesterday Been one hell of a trip.
14EA1F2F-ED84-450D-8535-4DB3A62A60EE.jpeg

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: does Alden replace the insole as well as the heel pad when they restore shoes? Is this even possible?
Not sure. I think that someone referred to a video or a picture where there were new insoles hanging and waiting to be inserted in recrafted shoes. Maybe the Leffot tour of the Alden factory?

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I think that someone referred to a video or a picture where there were new insoles hanging and waiting to be inserted in recrafted shoes. Maybe the Leffot tour of the Alden factory?
That does sound familiar. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

breck81

Reaction score
Question: does Alden replace the insole as well as the heel pad when they restore shoes? Is this even possible?

When I got my Natty Indy’s back from restoration, earlier this year, they replaced the heel pad but not the insole.

Hope that helps:)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you ever wear these with denim? is it too matchy? i'm pretty much in a pair of jeans 5-6 days a week, but have been considering a pair of these. hesitant though that it wouldn't really work well

I do not wear them with denim, but only because of having other shoes that I seem to always choose. I would not hesitate to do so and I think they would look fine.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the boot pics got me psyched to grab the Indy 8s today...so here you go. Would love to get these resoled in commando one day. Anyone have any recs on where to send them. Thanks, JT

View attachment 1008796

These are incredible. Taste is a tricky thing and I certainly understand the allure of mod's, but I would leave these beauties as is. Add a topy, keep the double-leather, and wear wear wear.....and of course, post pic's.

Can never go wrong with whiskey DonL. And unsurprisingly, you pair them perfectly.

V-E-R-Y nice in every way. True definition of shoe Appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads