• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
I was informed by AoDC that they have switched to only accepting one waiting list spot per customer at a time, which seems fair, but this means that other outlets will have to be explored.

Aside from Alden of DC, who else does the following makeups?

Ravello LHS
Cigar LHS
Whiskey LHS
Ravello CT Boot​

Is it just a matter of building a rapport with the other popular vendors?

orionz06

Reaction score
I was informed by AoDC that they have switched to only accepting one waiting list spot per customer at a time, which seems fair, but this means that other outlets will have to be explored.

Ravello LHS
Cigar LHS
Whiskey LHS
Ravello CT Boot​

On that note who has a whiskey/ravello WTB other than TSM?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naval boots and Raleigh denim today...
vTbhso5.jpg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello LHS
Cigar LHS
Whiskey LHS
Ravello CT Boot​

LHS is available at SF

CT only at DC

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
LHS is available at SF

CT only at DC

Got it. I will reach out to Alden SF.

AoDC tells me that they have never done a Ravello CT boot, and I was actually given the same answer last time I was in-store. That said, I do recall seeing such a boot make rounds with the owner claiming that they bought from AoDC so not sure what the story is (I presume it must have been a run quite some time ago).

moondog-sparky

Reaction score

Ravello LHS
Cigar LHS
Whiskey LHS
Ravello CT Boot​

i almost hate to ask...does that mean that for those of us on multiple lists they plan to start all over? did they say whether or not they were creating new lists...or just not adding a single persons name to multiple lists from this point forward? after several years of waiting on a couple styles, this would be a big bummer.

while i understand the issue and complexity will spreading rare shell around, it's kind of sad - all of my rare shell has come from AoDC as they (Kathy!!) have been the most accommodating regarding the lists.

breck81

Reaction score
i almost hate to ask...does that mean that for those of us on multiple lists they plan to start all over? did they say whether or not they were creating new lists...or just not adding a single persons name to multiple lists from this point forward? after several years of waiting on a couple styles, this would be a big bummer.

while i understand the issue and complexity will spreading rare shell around, it's kind of sad - all of my rare shell has come from AoDC as they (Kathy!!) have been the most accommodating regarding the lists.

Kathy was the greatest. A legend.

I too am curious about this subject, as I am also on multiple lists. Fingers crossed it’s going forward and all current lists will be honored.

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score

That was not clarified, but I took it to mean that this would be the policy going forward and the old policy would be honored if your name was on multiple lists prior to the switch (else how would they determine which list to remove names from?).

Yes I do not take issue with it given the logistics issue it would pose. Unfortunate, but understandable.

Was Kathy the manager? If so, it seems that she has moved on as the gentleman that informed me is the new store manager effective earlier this month and the policy change was made at that time.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it. I will reach out to Alden SF.

AoDC tells me that they have never done a Ravello CT boot, and I was actually given the same answer last time I was in-store. That said, I do recall seeing such a boot make rounds with the owner claiming that they bought from AoDC so not sure what the story is (I presume it must have been a run quite some time ago).

That was not clarified, but I took it to mean that this would be the policy going forward and the old policy would be honored if your name was on multiple lists prior to the switch (else how would they determine which list to remove names from?).

Yes I do not take issue with it given the logistics issue it would pose. Unfortunate, but understandable.

Was Kathy the manager? If so, it seems that she has moved on as the gentleman that informed me is the new store manager effective earlier this month and the policy change was made at that time.

They have done the Ravello CT boot multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads