• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do those ravello shell wallets come along? Thanks for posting -- I didn't even realize Horween sold them -- even though they sold out before I could get one.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not every pair of absolutely incredible, killer boots are new, such as the boots just picked by @florent and posted over at the vintage appreciation thread. Who made these stunners? All are invited to drop by and see some of the classics owned and restored by some of the forum members. You can find it by clicking here. Check it out and subscribe.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

How often do those ravello shell wallets come along? Thanks for posting -- I didn't even realize Horween sold them -- even though they sold out before I could get one.

A Ravello Shell Wallet has never sold that before by Horween to my knowledge. Horween didn't actually make them, it was done by one of the few leather goods producers. They have also sold some stuff made by Ashland Leather before as well. Just as a fact, Jesse at Guarded Goods got some Ravello once before as a scrap after a shoe was made from the Shell.

-Mike

Codysch123

Reaction score

I think you get a phone call; it's like getting into Yale Law School
Per Ms. Flynn, the long awaited Ravello CTBs have arrived.

May I ask, what shop is this? Of course, I'm late to the party, but I wouldn't mind getting on the list. I scored my first rare shell today (a lucky IG tip on some Cigar 9084s from AoM), so it's time to plan the next.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Epaulet is shutting down? Website doesn't mention anything.

Mike talked a lot about that in the EP thread. He is changing his business model around a bit. Focusing on internet, social media, his LA design studio, and trunk shows across the country vice the permanent NYC presence. He would argue that most of his sales came from events vice random walk ins to his store.

-Mike

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone seen them yet? It's supposed to be on the darker side. I would guess that she hasn't gotten them into inventory to sell yet and thus why she hasn't really reached out to folks yet.

-Mike

Who said they are darker?

Whiskey has certainly gotten darker. If Ravello changes too much and is not the right shade, it's not really Ravello. Remember what you called Brownvello? That batch aged into a brown that was wanting. The Harrison's Ravello was a good shade, albeit a little dark. I guess we'll have to wait to see this latest batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads