• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinM

Reaction score

Awesome! Which ones did you buy and which ones did you order?

Bought alpine grain cap toes and ordered earth chamois tankers. Seriously debating some black chamois Indys.

Yenni's store was almost overwhelming - so many cool and unique makeups.

No kidding. Also, I expected Yenni to be an old Israeli and was surprised that was not the case
1f602.png

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are in Seattle for the weekend and stopped into Brick + Mortar. I've never tried on Barrie or trubalance lasts so that was my main motivation. Ended up buying one pair of boots, getting on an order for another, and am seriously considering a third
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I'll post more pics when they all arrive but highly suggest stopping in if ever in the area. Yenni and Sean were totally cool and helpful and they have a ton of awesome makeups in store.

Pics? Do tell...what did you find to be the most interesting?

Reaction score

Thanks very much! Now if I can find a full strap loafer in cigar or whiskey ill be a happy man.

The Shoemart has an order for cigar fullstraps cooking. I spoke to Ed Z. in May of 2015 and got on the list. He said then it would be some months. It used to be a model shown on their website routinely. Now no one advertises exotic shell colors. I followed up in May of last year, and there was no news.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes, an Alden U wing Adelaide? It's definitely Alden? I've never seen Alden make a more traditional Adelaide or even a U wing balmoral, let alone a combination of the two. That is one rare, rare duck.

Unless someone faked the Alden stamp on the sole and in the footbed, and went to the trouble of using shell. I'll try and take some better pictures tomorrow if the sun is out.

Unfortunately, at 8D they're a hair too small for me in the forefoot. I can fit in them, and close stays well, but I'm not enjoying it. I thought they were on Barrie last, but I don't think so anymore.

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on cigar (or whiskey) shell Indy order? Been on the WLs for a while. Also I know you "can't" advertise the rare shells but just curious when did that go into effect? Because a quick search shows that 5-6 years ago this was allowed.

thanks

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could someone help me with these? I haven't been able to find any references online. The numbers inside are: OC 107 J90
Thanks in advance, and sorry for the crappy pictures.
I've got nothing to add other than I'm really sorry they dont fit. That is one nice looking shoe.
Holy smokes, an Alden U wing Adelaide? It's definitely Alden? I've never seen Alden make a more traditional Adelaide or even a U wing balmoral, let alone a combination of the two. That is one rare, rare duck.
The wealth of shoe knowledge on this site never ceases to amaze me. Impressive P-78.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but is there any way to not pay the jacked up/inflated prices in Alden's from End Clothing? Or are they just one more of these overseas companies that priced in USD to avoid US buyers from capitalizing on the weak GBP?

They have some pretty nice calfskin Indy make ups, but I'm not about to pay shell prices for calfskin boots.

zennypoo

Reaction score
Never knew Alden made Adelaides shoes, these are amazing. My only guess is they were individual MTO when Alden use to allow them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads