• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are from a 2015 AoM run that I fine gentlemen here had sitting in a box. Patients is king in the Alden world.
I have the same boot from that same run. Great acquisition! Not sure why that fine gentleman would keep it in a box all this time. Congrats!

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same boot from that same run. Great acquisition! Not sure why that fine gentleman would keep it in a box all this time. Congrats!

Thank you RTP. I asked the fine gentlemen the same question:) Doesn’t seen be a whole lot of this makeup out in the wild.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar shell Indy update:

Thanks for being patient guys! I have the final details and it's definitely not what I expected to hear:
  • Andrew got us on the list but, instead of 12 total orders from SF members, he's only giving me 9 spots total because he has 3 customers from his shop that are occupying the additional orders.
  • The waiting list is from today to 3years. Alden told him that the reason for this is that he will need perfect shells from Horween for cigar because any imperfections will show and perfect shells are hard to come by. However, this also means that he could get lucky and get them in a couple of months or in 2 years.
  • We can order D or E widths.
  • The cost will be determined by standard Alden retails at the time the shells become available.
  • Andrew says that after this is confirmed, he will work on future orders in other colors like ravello and whiskey (though I imagine the same thing will apply to those)
I will be reaching out to those that made the cut and are still interested over the weekend just to get size and a contact information. Andrew will follow up with you from there. Also, Andrew says deposits will be fully refundable for this order.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooops, almost forgot the final details for the boots:

Aldean Indy boots
Cigar Shell Cordovan
Trubalance last
Antique welt & sole edge
270 storm welt
Hand-stitched apron
tonal/matching stitching
Commando soles

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I could make this happen with you guys but I wish it could've been more inclusive and definitive. But those are things that are out of my control, unfortunately.

Also, I want to apologize to anyone that I offended with the manner in which I carried this out. This is my first time organizing such a group order. Nonetheless, I will learn from this experience and make improvements for any future group orders.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for the patience and kindness. I'm grateful to have access to such an excellent medium that is SF and the amazing community of gents that come with it!

I have many pairs of shoes from different makers but Alden holds a special place for me because they are a product of my home state.
:cheers:

djbanor

Reaction score
I'm glad I could make this happen with you guys but I wish it could've been more inclusive and definitive. But those are things that are out of my control, unfortunately.

Also, I want to apologize to anyone that I offended with the manner in which I carried this out. This is my first time organizing such a group order. Nonetheless, I will learn from this experience and make improvements for any future group orders.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for the patience and kindness. I'm grateful to have access to such an excellent medium that is SF and the amazing community of gents that come with it!

I have many pairs of shoes from different makers but Alden holds a special place for me because they are a product of my home state.
:cheers:
Nothing to apologise for, you were trying to do us a good turn, and so you did for the ones that managed to get on the list.

Reaction score
To summarize:

Mr. Sid is creating a waiting list and availability of the cigar shell is undetermined. A standard minimum order is 12 pairs of shoes.

The only news seems to be Mr. Sid is committing to use their cigar shell allocation for Indy boots when it becomes available.

Sorry if it seems I am throwing cold water here. But it is something that Mr. Sid promises to use their allocation on Indy's. I have been on a waiting list for 2.5 years at Shoemart for cigar fullstraps. That used to be a standard makeup. Ed Z. told me in May that he recently received enough cigar shells for 36 pairs, and he decided to use all of them for LWB's.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To summarize:

Mr. Sid is creating a waiting list and availability of the cigar shell is undetermined. A standard minimum order is 12 pairs of shoes.

The only news seems to be Mr. Sid is committing to use their cigar shell allocation for Indy boots when it becomes available.

Sorry if it seems I am throwing cold water here. But it is something that Mr. Sid promises to use their allocation on Indy's. I have been on a waiting list for 2.5 years at Shoemart for cigar fullstraps. That used to be a standard makeup. Ed Z. told me in May that he recently received enough cigar shells for 36 pairs, and he decided to use all of them for LWB's.

I was told recently that TSM will no longer be making anything in exotics other than the Cigar LWB, Cigar Indy, Whiskey LWB, and Ravello Wingtip Boot.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To summarize:

Also -- these days, retailers no longer tend to just place orders for exotics, but rather do so when Alden allocates them some shells. I am guessing that Alden has allocated them 12 pairs in Cigar, and they have decided to make a Cigar Indy.

There have been a number of exotic runs recently at Alden with only 6-8 pairs.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*sigh* I'd really love to have a Ravello WTB. I'm still kicking myself about the day that guy on eBay sold a bunch of 11.5D pairs including a nice pair of Ravello wingtip boots . I happened to be in a customer meeting and about to talk to about 30 people. They were gone so fast...... :(

jjschube

Reaction score
I was told recently that TSM will no longer be making anything in exotics other than the Cigar LWB, Cigar Indy, Whiskey LWB, and Ravello Wingtip Boot.

I wouldn’t count on that a hundred percent.
I think those will be the most common but I wouldn’t rule out other makeups completely. Not positive but, I know Ed’s put someone else in charge running his list and they are still keeping list for other exotic runs they have done in the past.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a great day fellas
4CA12017-9451-4C0B-BD1B-CFF9618F60A0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads