• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first ever makeup just got accepted!

Leather- Reverse Hunting Green Chamois Perforated Cap Toe Boot
Barrie last
360 pre-stiched reverse welt
Antique welt edge
brown eyelets/hooks
Commando

What is this about? and where...very similar to a boot I really want...Details please.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys - you were all so helpful last time with my LeatherSoul Aldens, I was hoping to find out (hopefully!) if these are another rare one? From my same consignor as the other ones, I believe they are cigar, no?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWOB-Alden-...373458?hash=item489484c112:g:PzkAAOSwnbZYEoMv

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Blackbird saddles
2d1e45956d8a80dcb244d5b80c9e691b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don, your Blackbird Saddles are looking absolutely stellar!

Ravello daytrippers

My friend, your Ravello Daytrippers are looking great, always nice to see the Horween stamp.

Burnished Tan Calfskin Straight Tip Boot from Mack over at Brouge

You are showing off a fantastic alternative to the above.

Have good week gentlemen... Trubalance. I also have these from AoM recent run on Barrie 9D unworn. Those have Commando whereby these are all leather. AoM NST trade or offers.. Not sure I need both boots.. Oh the Alden Boot conundrum... Really liking the Suede NST boot posts of late..

Very nice Tankers! LoL, Suede NST Boots are great!

Whiskey wingtip boot x AoM.

Looking great J in your Whiskey WT Boots, the pants combo is pretty great!

Ocho gunboats 2day:

PfoZT37.jpg

Your King LWBs are looking stellar and classy.

It felt like time for a biannual outing for the Ravello NSTs
Ep Walts

Great to see you here Doc! Great looking Ravello NST Boots bud! Definitely worth the time to lace.

This is what work looks like so far today. My broken toe is appreciating TrueBalance today...

Sorry to hear about your toe, but at least you have acomodating boots!

D.C. Cigar Caps
33fb6d3cdbed1f83973d21b28ff61895.jpg

Don, your pictures are as great as they come!

Ocho Boats today..

Looking good Chippy! Glad that you are enjoying your LWBs.

Casual ochos today!

Looking great in your Color 8's!

Hello,
Today is very fine day and #8 LWB on outside the first time.

Your Color #8 LWBs are looking great, a very nice and rich color and looks good with the antique.

Do you guys take your shoes off and on multiple times a day? Just curious really.

For me all eyelets take a second or two longer but nothing that would throw off my morning routine or anything.

Sometimes I do have to take them on and off! That gets old very quick!

Didn't get a chance to post these on Monday because of the crazy work week, but brought out the suede before the rainy weather this week. Have these listed for sale, but every time I put them on, it makes it a bit harder!

Great looking Snuff PT Boots! I think you match decently well!

Maiden voyage for my Epaulet Taunton Alpine Grain boots

Great looking AG Boots.

Today's arrival

Superb looking Tanker Boots! Looks great my friend.

Huntington Green Suede Bartlett Indy's

Great looking Suede Indys!

New BB Unlined LHS's

One flash image so you can see the eggplant. I've never had an Unlined pair sans Horween stamp.

Your Color #8 Unlined LHSes are looking great!

513e099ce08aa8e3d079a501fe4cf682.jpg

Great combination Don! Great Color #8 LHS.

Hey guys - you were all so helpful last time with my LeatherSoul Aldens, I was hoping to find out (hopefully!) if these are another rare one? From my same consignor as the other ones, I believe they are cigar, no?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWOB-Alden-...373458?hash=item489484c112:g:PzkAAOSwnbZYEoMv

Those are indeed the Cigar Shell Cordovan Semi-Brogue Balmoral. They were made back in 2009 and have a lovely rich color of Cigar Shell Cordovan. As previously stated, they were made on the Hampton Last by Alden Madison in NYC. They actually fairly recently did a new run of them, but the Cigar was much darker.

-Mike

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the TSM Cigar Indy's a few weeks ago but have been in the middle of a move and just had a chance to take look at them Here are a few pics and a comparison to a pair of 379x Tankers and Grant cigar captoes. pics in sun and shade. For reference purposes - 379x and indy's size 9 Grants 9.5

Beautiful boots, looking forward to trying them on this weekend

diyman5757

Reaction score
just an interesting fact....now that I have done some extensive research in Aldens. I worked in commercial furniture sales across the cross street of Moulded shoe 39th and Madison (Dallek Office Furniture 269 Madison --now out of business). I bought 3 pairs from them over the years--plain toe butcher....when I first tried the modified last it was an AH HA moment---nothing ever fit like that before. The sales person brought me upstairs and opened a large book with hundreds of foot prints (Lasts) and showed me my foot print. Somewhere in the late 90's I sold office furniture to Harrison Ford at Dallek. I believe I read the Indy boots were named after him. It is my understanding Ford insisted on wearing his Aldens for the original Indiana Jones flick. Anyway I believe he surely must have been a customer of Moulded shoe.I'll ask them next time I am in NYC...and on an off note---also interesting my very good friend and fellow sales person whom worked with me at the time whom aided with the sale to Harrison was the ex drummer of Joan Jett and the black hearts--played the original song and in the video: "I love Rock N Roll". Sadly Lee died of MS three years ago.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green suede Unionmade Indy
885c06eaa238704b41eb007abcab013c.jpg

TommyB

Reaction score

just an interesting fact...
now that I have done some extensive research in Aldens. I worked in commercial furniture sales across the cross street of Moulded shoe 39th and Madison  (Dallek Office Furniture 269 Madison --now out of business). I bought 3 pairs from them over the years--plain toe butcher....when I first tried the modified last it was an AH HA moment---nothing ever fit like that before. The sales person brought me upstairs and opened a large book with hundreds of foot prints (Lasts) and showed me my foot print. Somewhere in the late 90's I sold office furniture to Harrison Ford at Dallek. I believe I read the Indy boots were named after him. It is my understanding Ford insisted on wearing his Aldens for the original Indiana Jones flick. Anyway I believe he surely must have been a customer of Moulded shoe.I'll ask them next time I am in NYC...and on an off note---also interesting my very good friend  and fellow sales person whom worked with me at the time whom aided with the sale to Harrison was the ex drummer of Joan Jett and the black hearts--played the original song and in the video: "I love Rock N Roll". Sadly Lee died of MS three years ago.

Nice story! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads