• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can return but if I go a shorter length I don't think the width will work. These actually fit like my AE randolphs. I had heel slip when they were new but as I broke them in it went away. I'm hoping that's the case with these. I mocked up some heel pads yesterday and no slip. Do these expand a lot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they do stretch and/or your foot will settle into the footbed. For me, they were tight with thin socks. Now, I wear regular thickness socks and they fit great.

baselinemerc

Reaction score

Quote:I think they do stretch and/or your foot will settle into the footbed. For me, they were tight with thin socks. Now, I wear regular thickness socks and they fit great.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will be keeping them. I've had thin sucks and its snug at the ball of the foot and across the top. If I put on a little thicker socks no more slip but it's tight. It should loosen up abbot after break in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BenLeaman

Thanks for posting my Cigar Indys!

I have been away from SF for the last 3 months but I want to thank everyone who sent me a message on IG or commented on my post. My wife and I read each and everyone of your comments. It means a lot to us to know we are being thought of.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the recent pics are drool worthy ( specially the cigar Indys...). Here are few pics from past couple of days...

Color 8 NST boot on Aberdeen

Reverse Chamois Indy..

Color 8 CT Boot on Plaza

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watching the Dodgers lose.

jcohen26

Reaction score
hi guys,

So i've owned some meermins, 1 pair of carminas which i love, and whites semi dress in brown horse hide, nothing too crazy

i have an impulse to go to the alden store close to my office in NYC and check out some shoes. i immediately fell in love with their longwings. They're amazing, i wear them any time i can casually if the weather allows, and i get to wear them during work. They immediately have become my favorite shoes. The filled a niche in my wardrobe and i love theI can post pics tomorrow after work, but they're simply the Alden Long wings in Tan.

I don't have any shoes in this color so they were perfecto for my wardrobe. but wow i love them.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

hi guys,

So i've owned some meermins, 1 pair of carminas which i love, and whites semi dress in brown horse hide, nothing too crazy

i have an impulse to go to the alden store close to my office in NYC and check out some shoes. i immediately fell in love with their longwings. They're amazing, i wear them any time i can casually if the weather allows, and i get to wear them during work. They immediately have become my favorite shoes. The filled a niche in my wardrobe and i love theI can post pics tomorrow after work, but they're simply the Alden Long wings in Tan. 

I don't have any shoes in this color so they were perfecto for my wardrobe. but wow i love them. 

Welcome to the Alden family! I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment out of them!

Let's see some pics. We love pics, here. :)

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered "backordered" Aldens from J Crew before? I ordered some recently that show backordered until early November. I guess I'm used to Alden preorders of 6 months, and surprised JCrew can get them in a month, but maybe they are already in production... Just curious if their backordered window has been fairly reliable in the past

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Has anyone ordered "backordered" Aldens from J Crew before? I ordered some recently that show backordered until early November. I guess I'm used to Alden preorders of 6 months, and surprised JCrew can get them in a month, but maybe they are already in production... Just curious if their backordered window has been fairly reliable in the past

My experience is they fill the orders earlier than the back order date.
I'm basing that on two Alden orders and one for a j crew branded item.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My experience is they fill the orders earlier than the back order date.
I'm basing that on two Alden orders and one for a j crew branded item.

I've had the same experience that the J. Crew orders that get backordered are usually filled very quickly, often earlier than the estimated date on your account will show.

I think J. Crew probably gets them faster because they are usually not orders for exotic shell make-ups but rather basically stock items from the Alden catalog. I've noticed that if I go to a local retailer and wanted to get something basic like a #8 or tan calfskin PTB but they don't have it in stock, if they order it, I usually get it in just a few weeks. It's the items that aren't in the catalog that are special makeups for retailers that take forever.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All the recent pics are drool worthy ( specially the cigar Indys...). Here are few pics from past couple of days... Color 8 NST boot on Aberdeen Reverse Chamois Indy.. Color 8 CT Boot on Plaza
Looking good! Where is the color 8 on plaza from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members