• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably asked a thousand times. What's everyones favorite pair of non-cordovan Aldens?  Boot and shoe. 

Snuff suede unlined chukka boot and the snuff suede 4-eyelet Ranger Moc.

Ask this question again in a month or so and I'll probably give you an entirely different answer.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably asked a thousand times. What's everyones favorite pair of non-cordovan Aldens?  Boot and shoe. 

There are way too many of them, but:

Tan suede longwing
Chromexcel wingtip boot, in natural or brown

shunted22

Reaction score
Currently these.
Reverse chamois for what looks like a rainy couple days in nyc.

damn_hammer

Reaction score
Did the flat waxed laces come w/the boots or where can they be purchased? Thanks

[edit] Nevermind. Didn't see a response, but found out on my own that the flat waxed come standard, at least on the AF60.

Last edited:

shoetree

Reaction score

I have 2 pairs of non-cordovan Aldens. A black calf PTB and a black calf tassel loafer. In my opinion Alden's black calfskin is highly underrated. It's hardwearing and easily takes and holds a shine.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black calf NST
1d4bdcfc66027fffcf0d10f06e73c017.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT1982

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to receive one of the latest shipments of Cigar captoes from Alden DC! This is my first pair of shell so I'm not really familiar with it. They make a ton of noise when I walk from various parts rubbing against one another - I'm assuming that will go away with time? Is there a way to make it go away faster?

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to receive one of the latest shipments of Cigar captoes from Alden DC! This is my first pair of shell so I'm not really familiar with it. They make a ton of noise when I walk from various parts rubbing against one another - I'm assuming that will go away with time? Is there a way to make it go away faster?

Congrats! It's crazy exciting to receive your first pair of shell. Squeakiness is part of the charm of the Real McCoy. I have pairs worn 20-30+ times that still squeak. I recommend that you simply wear them loud and proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads