• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reverse tobacco chamois Tanker on commando with all eyelets

THIS. Basically the unionmade mccopin boot with a proper sole. It could even be brass eyes/hooks whatever.. Would love to see this boot made.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@EP Sam - Awesome news on the TO Tie Guy Boot. I'm looking forward to mine.

For future orders, I'd love to see a brown alpine grain LHS loafer.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My daily WSAYWT is quickly becoming either these or my Whiskey WTBs. Hey, at least I'm alternating them, right?

nashing

Reaction score
THIS. Basically the unionmade mccopin boot with a proper sole. It could even be brass eyes/hooks whatever.. Would love to see this boot made.
+1. I would have purchased it from Unionmade if it had been on commando.

Whirling

Reaction score

I had initially tried my barrie sizing for trubalance. I'm 12D Brannock, 11.5D in Barrie boots in shell.

The 11.5D Trubalance was just too sloppy. The Trubalance is a WIDE last.

I had tried an 11.5C, but with my wide toes, I was getting rubbing, and I settled on a 12C.

So, for me, I found TTS in length, but a width down, fit me the best.

I came across some 12B barrie shoes that fit nicely. If I ever see some trubalance 12B on the seconds list, I will grab them.

Thank you very much!

I am reasonably certain 9.5 is the right length...now you are making me wonder whether I should try a B width instead of a C width. I tnd to prefer thin socks, even with work boots such as the Indy because my feet tend to run hot and sweaty.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Gents,

We've got a quick update on the TO Tie Guy boot.  @EP Dylan
 just heard back from Alden and we're expecting them to land within the next few weeks 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
 We're really psyched to see how they make up!

As always, let us know if there any any makeups you'd be interested in having us run.  We have been absolutely swamped since the holidays but we're finally digging out and will be more present on this thread going forward 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

:slayer::slayer: @BenLeaman

Fawkes007

Reaction score
So, as kind of a newbie to the Alden world, can anyone shed some light on how one might go about procuring the alternative (ravello, whiskey, cigar) shell colors (other than the used market)? And is it possible to procure such unicorns in a B width? Is there a secret handshake?

Last edited:

gr789

Reaction score
So, as kind of a newbie to the Alden world, can anyone shed some light on how one might go about procuring the alternative (ravello, whiskey, cigar) shell colors (other than the used market)? And is it possible to procure such unicorns in a B width? Is there a secret handshake?
I have had a lot of luck reading this thread and catching clues when there are available unicorns at the usual retailers. Then there is ebay, SF, grailed grey market. And then you have to move fast, buy first, think later... Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads