• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Reaction score

The Leaman boot has dropped at Brick + Mortar!!!!

@Disco Volante
@tifosi
@Chrisefi

I saw and got my tracking number from Yenni today. How do you guys feel about the way it came out?

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it has a specific name, other than just a captoe boot, but it's most likely from anatomica and/or on the modified last. I really like the heel stitching on that boot as well. Just can't justify the price difference to get a pair over from Europe/Asia.

BurntPockets

Reaction score
Don't know if it has a specific name, other than just a captoe boot, but it's most likely from anatomica and/or on the modified last. I really like the heel stitching on that boot as well. Just can't justify the price difference to get a pair over from Europe/Asia.
Thanks, great eye! After some research with your info, it seems like that heel stitch is mostly on the Asian and the modified last boots. Agreed, wish there were more boots with that stitching. Plain toe boot with heel stitch in whiskey shell would be
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
, like this ravello one from anatomica

BenLeaman

Reaction score

LOL @ "Leaman" boot.

Haters gun hate LOL

Damn. I need a boot named after me. I have no legacy to leave.

You will always have a special place with me Joe!

Seriously.  With what we have invested it's only fair.

I do have a (not named after me) suggested by me EP makeup on order in an Alpine Grain Innsbrook version of an Alt-Wien Boot on Plaza :D  

That boot sounds pretty sick Don!

I saw and got my tracking number from Yenni today. How do you guys feel about the way it came out?

It's exactly as I asked Yenni to make it so I am very pleased. It looks like it will be amazing. I couldn't be happier with the results so far. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Disco Volante

Reaction score

It's exactly as I asked Yenni to make it so I am very pleased. It looks like it will be amazing. I couldn't be happier with the results so far. What are your thoughts?

I think it's gonna be awesome, I can't wait to see how they look once they are broken in. I believe the color will be slightly darker in person, which is a good thing for me.

Webbo

Reaction score
As an Englishsman I've all ways favoured the classic Northampton shoes but just had to get the iconic no8 975. Delighted with them. http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2059368/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2059370/width/200/height/400

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why TheShoeMart's website no longer shows any Aldens that are not in the stock catalog (i.e., all of the shell boots, for example)?

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Cigar Boots. Enjoy your day! Had a good day today enjoying the sun at Cabrillo National Monument today myself.

-Mike

Thanks Mike! I had to look up Cabrillo National Monument...pretty nice. Looks like a great place to break in some shoes :)

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B-E-A-utiful. Are these DC or AoM? I love it!

Good question. I got them from a SF member . They are on Commando, not sure if AOM is commando or not. They are comfortable boots and the cigar is aging nicely.

enjoy your weekend!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. I got them from a SF member . They are on Commando, not sure if AOM is commando or not. They are comfortable boots and the cigar is aging nicely.

enjoy your weekend!

Are they Grant or Barrie? The Cigar Captoe Boot on Grant with a Commando sole is a DC makeup. I believe AoM only does the Cigar Captoe Boot on Barrie with a leather sole (which is the model that I have - style #4074).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads