• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A local tailor commented that the linen fabric of floral shorts were very unique. Were they also from Japan Mauro?

The texture looks identical (as well as fabric blend component) to this Eternal shorts:

LL

Yes, the floral fabric came from Japan.
@Mauro, great meeting you yesterday. The potential new overdye colors look great, and it sounds like there's some awesome stuff coming down the pike.

For anyone out there who's still concerned about the rise/thigh/ball room on the chinos, don't be. They fit great, and the material has a much softer hand than I've found on other chinos. I'm holding out for the button-fly version and definitely looking forward to them. The 60s denim blue color is really nice, definitely more muted than in the product shots on the web site (I'm guessing the saturation is a little high in the photos).

If it's of any help to people trying to size, a 32 fit me perfectly, and I'm usually a 31 in Epaulet rivet chinos (sometimes a 30), and I usually wear a 29 in Wings + Horns chinos.

@ComfortablyDumb, IIRC there were short-sleeved popovers, too. The fabric is pretty cool in person.

It was nice meeting you as well. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. I want to talk to you again about your work, we have to figure something out :)

Nah I didn't. Maybe I could have, but I like the way it fits now, and Mauro said it'll shrink a bit so I didn't want it to be too tight, especially since it's a popover. Definitely more of a casual shirt.

That shirt fits you great!
Please everyone don't get carried away with the shirts being big. They aren't and shrinkage has been built into the shirt. The last thing you want is a pop over that shrinks .25 to .50 in length and .25 in width and then have it way to tight.
I made pop over in Before Dinner also for the people that love the fitted look.

I updated the chino sizes today. I knew the 60's blue was off but not as bad as it is. The 60's blue is a sick color and is much much more muted than the web shows. I will have it shot again with the new photographer.

Best,

Mauro

cinnabar

Reaction score
I'll also vouch for enough room in the crotch/thighs on the chinos. I have large thighs and have trouble with them in Epaulet's rivet chinos in addition to the tiny amount of crotch room. WvG's fit just right.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be in NYC shooting videos for the next couple days so if I am not answering emails or calls that is why.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yes, the floral fabric came from Japan.
It was nice meeting you as well. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. I want to talk to you again about your work, we have to figure something out :)
That shirt fits you great!
Please everyone don't get carried away with the shirts being big. They aren't and shrinkage has been built into the shirt. The last thing you want is a pop over that shrinks .25 to .50 in length and .25 in width and then have it way to tight.
I made pop over in Before Dinner also for the people that love the fitted look.

I updated the chino sizes today. I knew the 60's blue was off but not as bad as it is. The 60's blue is a sick color and is much much more muted than the web shows. I will have it shot again with the new photographer.

Best,

Mauro

Not in the least, I could've shot the **** for a good long time if I didn't have a train to catch. :)

I forgot to mention - my friends and I had just had brunch at Urban Butcher. I'd mentioned a while ago that the first time I went probably wasn't too long after it first opened, and while some of the stuff was decent it felt like it hadn't really gotten its feet under itself. Totally different story this time. Everything was great, including service, and even the beer list had gotten better since the last time we went.

I've been poking around in the segmentation software I mentioned and might have one or two behavioral profiles that could be of interest - at least directionally speaking - although nothing that drills down as closely as it ideally would. I'll shoot you an email when I've put together a couple of thoughts.

g2x222

Reaction score
The new/correctly sized pair of chinos came in, and I really love them. They're slim but have enough room in the thighs, the rise definitely leaves enough room up top, and they have a nice taper. My torso is disproportionately short, so the rise actually seems mid-high on me.

(wvg navy chinos, wvg liberty tattersall)

Kap120

Reaction score
So are the popovers big even after washing/shrinkage or just big at first because they account for shrinkage?

taint it sweet

Reaction score
To anybody else with a long sleeve tee, how do you store them? I feel like a conventional hanger will cause "nipples" by the shoulders...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pop overs start bigger and then shrink after you wash them. That's why I accounted for shrinkage.
I fold all my tees and sweaters.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any locals willing to help me in a video tomorrow or Saturday please contact
Me. You will be paid in either cash or clothes.
Text me at 703.582.5966 or email me at [email protected]
If you know someone who might be interested have them contact me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads