• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have to say, based on the last few pages of this thread: Mauro, you have some of the most finicky, anal customers on the planet. God bless.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just have to say, based on the last few pages of this thread: Mauro, you have some of the most finicky, anal customers on the planet. God bless.

Yes,sir. I do. That's the internet for you. It's also my fault for trying to bend to everyone's desire making sure they get what they want. On the flip side if I can make the most finicky customer happy the average customer is beyond thrilled. I get just as many emails saying super nice things, probably even more. It's a balance.
This finickiness is why I never went over to the Menswear side. They want the best hand made clothing for $1.00 and if they don't get it they *****. Even though there are several good educational sources like" Jeffrey D" there is still a cheap ass pack mentality and peoples expectations will never be met. Same goes here. I really do try my best to explain things to the fullest. Specially with the Bloodline trousers and sweaters. The quality is that good ! People will dog it without understanding really what goes into it. It's sad to me because I am offering something that can not be matched for the price and it's still not enough.
Another problem, I brought upon myself is the standard I hold myself to. I have to stick to my guns and promote the cool interesting items but it's the really inexpensive pieces that sell. It sucks for me because that's not what I want to produce. What I want to make are the Bloodline items, whole garment pieces , and technical gear because of the challenge they offer.
I can't tell you how many people ask me for suits and they start with a number but by the end it's always " give me the suit for the least amount of money". Their original fabric is eliminated because of cost and so are their side items such as " pick stitching, passport pockets, and other cool features that will make the suit really stand out.
I have been on this site for 8 years roughly. I have heard and seen it all. People get pissed about something someone writes and leaves, people want what they can't have, get pissed and leave. Then there is a good patch were you only get praise and then one day BAM you are on the chopping block. It is what it is and it will always be like this not matter what size WvG becomes. You will never make everyone happy.

All that being said I really do have some great customers and I don't mind the bitching to a degree. It makes the brand stronger. Sometimes, people have valid points. Sometimes, I over look things because I have so much on my plate and I can read what I missed here ( i.e. size charts)

In the end and I have said this many many times. Wolf vs Goat is a really really small brand and if people can't deal with the way the business is run they should shop somewhere else. Do I want this, no, sometimes it's just better to walk away. WvG won't fit everyone's needs. I have accepted this.

I have made a series of videos so I am hoping that will help generate more buzz and shed some light on why WvG stands out in the market and why the value is there. I hope everyone is reading the blog. That's another tool I offer which I feel really stands out compared to most brands.
You have to look at the bright side or this industry will swallow you up.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ecco

Reaction score
Mauro, your releases have been choice the past few months. That French Linen shirt is great.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are the prices of the tees just going to keep climbing upwards?

I hope not but probably. When my prices go up the retail price goes up. I don't see them going over $30.00 for a few years or until the fabric prices jump up again. I have made changes that cost a little more, new care tags ,and this will be the last batch with a cloth label. The rest of the tees and underwear will be silk screened on.

Last edited:

falathar

Reaction score
I have made changes that cost a little more, new care tags ,and this will be the last batch with a cloth label. The rest of the tees and underwear will be silk screened on.

+1 for addressing the label concerns.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't include Under Armour since they are blowing up and based in Baltimore (not far from WvG headquarters).

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Pea soup roll-neck (so named thanks to yours truly). Thanks @Mauro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads