• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mookiej

Reaction score

$100 +25 shipping on a coupon code I'm never going to use.

The rewards program coupon is emailed to you, so there is no physical shipping. Just pick "local pickup" as your shipping option.

I only have a handful of WvG oxfords, but none of them have had any asymmetry issues.

modawolf

Reaction score
Just as the above poster mentioned, email Mauro. That dude will smooth over your insecurities on the brand.

I was a bit hesitant at first too, but I bit the bullet when the rewards membership price was just $75 and no shipping.

In no way am I an expert in clothing like the others here, but I like nice things, and in my experience, Mauro's cuts are slimming, and fabrics are top notch.
The shirting is on point with EG, just a different flavor. Even some of the prints/fabrics are exactly the same, just different cuts and needlework.

If you particularly want shirts that work in both business and social settings, go with wvg. I have not had an issue with the shirt quality and am ready to put down money on the overdyes coming out. I only buy EG because every now and then they just have some little detail that I am obsessive/crazy enough to pay for.

Also, I ordered the marled black hoodie form Mauro, and I haven't had a hoodie that's as versatile as that. I wear it to work on rainy days, as if it were a cardigan.
The reigning champ hoodie gets more use, but that doesn't mean it's better.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$210 is pretty close to most designer pieces on sale. Though and looking at these images make me nervous as he'll.
The hemline is uneven on this shirt, the buttons are not in line, the sleeve looks wonky and the shoulder seam seems off.
I'm not hating on the brand I just want the most for my money, I can't be blowing hundreds of dollars left and right on bad shirts and $100 +25 shipping on a coupon code I'm never going to use.

Are these issues just the samples he's using, are the shirts you giuys are getting good?

Shirt with issues
http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/chambray-capsule/products/monkey-arms-bicycle-chambray

The left panel of shirts is slightly turned upwards, for the lack of better description. Look at the picture again. What you see as uneven hemline is edge blended in to the body.

You can return if you don't like. If you are so set upon finding the one brand, whats keeping you from try on and returning?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ITT people can't do math.

chickenfark

Reaction score
picked these up today. the overydye colors look reaaaaalll nice. mauro was also wearing a pair of the chinos and i'll probably pick up a pair of those soon too. they looked great, especially the olive ones.

also showed me the popover fabrics and they felt amazing. can't wait for those.

WvGBot

Reaction score
Just as the above poster mentioned, email Mauro. That dude will smooth over your insecurities on the brand.

I was a bit hesitant at first too, but I bit the bullet when the rewards membership price was just $75 and no shipping.

In no way am I an expert in clothing like the others here, but I like nice things, and in my experience, Mauro's cuts are slimming, and fabrics are top notch.
The shirting is on point with EG, just a different flavor. Even some of the prints/fabrics are exactly the same, just different cuts and needlework.

If you particularly want shirts that work in both business and social settings, go with wvg. I have not had an issue with the shirt quality and am ready to put down money on the overdyes coming out. I only buy EG because every now and then they just have some little detail that I am obsessive/crazy enough to pay for.

Also, I ordered the marled black hoodie form Mauro, and I haven't had a hoodie that's as versatile as that. I wear it to work on rainy days, as if it were a cardigan.
The reigning champ hoodie gets more use, but that doesn't mean it's better.

Thanks for your support!

$210 is pretty close to most designer pieces on sale. Though and looking at these images make me nervous as he'll.
The hemline is uneven on this shirt, the buttons are not in line, the sleeve looks wonky and the shoulder seam seems off.
I'm not hating on the brand I just want the most for my money, I can't be blowing hundreds of dollars left and right on bad shirts and $100 +25 shipping on a coupon code I'm never going to use.

Are these issues just the samples he's using, are the shirts you giuys are getting good?

Shirt with issues
http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/chambray-capsule/products/monkey-arms-bicycle-chambray

I'm clearly not an uninterested party (the name says a lot!), but I will say we stand behind our products 100%, regardless of if you're a toteholder or not. If you have an issue with a shirt you buy from us get in touch with us and we'll set it right. I think the toteholder program is the best value clothing out there, bar none.
Rise comparison between wvg and ep chinos?

Depends on the specific chino, but generally we have a slightly lower rise than Epaulet. One thing about Epaulet chinos, though, is that they're very narrow in the thigh that can give the illusion of a lower rise.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

WvGBot

Reaction score
I'm also a little confused when you say the hem line is uneven. If you notice the model isn't standing straight - his right shoulder (viewer left) is dropped.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
How heavy are the overdye fabrics? The colors look awesome, but I'm worried I won't get many opportunities to wear them in this 90 degree heat.

Looking forward to more SS shirts!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How heavy are the overdye fabrics? The colors look awesome, but I'm worried I won't get many opportunities to wear them in this 90 degree heat. 

Looking forward to more SS shirts!

Dude, if you are unsure of something don't purchase it. This goes for WvG or anything else. There might be a chance you like it but 9 out of 10 tens you probably will thank yourself. I live in DC and the summers here can be brutal wearing anything at all can be rough. If you want to look great, stay cool , and not worry about the heat go for the tencel blends or the tees. Later when the linen goods drop you might think about those as well. The rewards program is a life long thing. Think of it as a marathon not a sprint.

News letter drops tomorrow at 3pm. Thank you for all the support.

pe3brain

Reaction score
So as I am about to get my first WVG shirt I realized that if it fits I will start to replace my basics with WVG and just doing some math the 4 tees 2 chinos (110 a piece) one light blue oxford, and one white oxford plus $200 for random fun shirts would only be $700 which is totally doable.... I prolly will order them all at once too just to save on shipping...this would be amazing and I hope his shirts fit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads