• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is there going to be a restock of the white tee and white oxford shirt this month?

Yes, White tees,white Japanese oxfords, white pinpoint, and white over dyes.

Non- hand sewn ( bloodline) chinos won't launch until the end of the month or first week of April.

Ben23

Reaction score
Mauro,

any chance you could tell us what the overdye colors will be? I thought they were going to be in the newsletter. Looking forward to them!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mauro,

any chance you could tell us what the overdye colors will be? I thought they were going to be in the newsletter. Looking forward to them!

As a matter of fact, I can. The lab dips just arrived to me! Pics shortly.

ajg esp

Reaction score
I feel like this line from the newsletter was targeted at me: "these Bloodline trousers will be ready for the warm weather ahead. Just don't get any real blood on them."

Legitimately ruined my favorite expensive khakis when some jackass blindside punched me in the back of the head for talking to a girl he liked at bar close. Stopped me from buying expensive light-colored pants, but I think I'm in on the navy. My first ever WvG purchase was the navy justin chino which I loved aside from the crotch pattern issue.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
I feel like this line from the newsletter was targeted at me: "these Bloodline trousers will be ready for the warm weather ahead. Just don't get any real blood on them."

Legitimately ruined my favorite expensive khakis when some jackass blindside punched me in the back of the head for talking to a girl he liked at bar close. Stopped me from buying expensive light-colored pants, but I think I'm in on the navy. My first ever WvG purchase was the navy justin chino which I loved aside from the crotch pattern issue.

You can get rid of blood on the same night by washing with dish detergent and cold water, which is good at getting rid of protein based stains. Spit is also a decent emergency one. So long as the stain isn't you should still be good to do the above.

ajg esp

Reaction score
You can get rid of blood on the same night by washing with dish detergent and cold water, which is good at getting rid of protein based stains. Spit is also a decent emergency one. So long as the stain isn't you should still be good to do the above.

Not to sound sketchy, but I have a good amount of experience getting blood out of clothes. I got a lot of nose bleeds as a kid...I swear...

Tried to clean them in cold water as best a drunk bleeding guy can, but it was not 100% effective. On the plus side, after the punch I was so fueled by testosterone that I quickly changed, went to a late night bar, and went back with a French chick who did not speak English.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good post, Mauro

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many people fall for the thread count scam. Some manufacturers will count each ply and use that to multiply their count per inch. You hit on one of the most important points, which is the quality of the fiber being used in the first place. Can you comment on how staple length also affects the end piece?

duhduhduh

Reaction score
Hey Mauro, I have a question about that thread count post. You mention Egyptian, American Pima, Sudanese Barakat and Sea Island cotton as desirable cotton because of their long staple fibers. Why do many denim enthusiasts like using Japanese or Zimbabwe cotton then? Are they looking for some other quality besides staple fiber length?

510kut

Reaction score

Hey Mauro, I have a question about that thread count post. You mention Egyptian, American Pima, [COLOR=222222] Sudanese Barakat[/COLOR] and Sea Island cotton as desirable cotton because of their long staple fibers. Why do many denim enthusiasts like using Japanese or Zimbabwe cotton then? Are they looking for some other quality besides staple fiber length?

On the topic of sea island... do you plan on releasing another shirt? I'm still sad I wasn't able to get a sea island shirt.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On the topic of sea island... do you plan on releasing another shirt? I'm still sad I wasn't able to get a sea island shirt.

I will be making some more. I just don't know what the price will be yet.

Hey Mauro, I have a question about that thread count post. You mention Egyptian, American Pima, [COLOR=222222] Sudanese Barakat[/COLOR] and Sea Island cotton as desirable cotton because of their long staple fibers. Why do many denim enthusiasts like using Japanese or Zimbabwe cotton then? Are they looking for some other quality besides staple fiber length?

Let's get this out of the way. The Japanese don't really produce cotton, they weave it. Zimbabwe cotton is popular because it's clean, hand picked for the most part, and it's sold CHEAP! Some people like short haired cotton because it's fuzzy from the fibers breaking down. In my opinion the denim market has fallen trap to "buzzwords" and "Marketing". People lash out at me all the time when I talk about denim and my reasons for not drinking the selvage cool aide. It's cool it's subjective, I will leave it at that.
The cotton made into denim is like wine. So when someone says a jean is Zimbabwe cotton it could be that the jean has 5% or 15% zimbabwe cotton while the rest was grown elsewhere. I hope this helps.
I will write a more in depth blog post about it.

So many people fall for the thread count scam. Some manufacturers will count each ply and use that to multiply their count per inch. You hit on one of the most important points, which is the quality of the fiber being used in the first place. Can you comment on how staple length also affects the end piece?

Are you trying to give me carpal tunnels?

Staple refers to the length. The longer the staple the stronger or more durable the cotton is. So if you used a long staple cotton and twisted it with other strains it will produce a very durable cotton combine that with combing which gets ride of the short strains you have the most durable product. The end result is a soft cloth that not only feels great but is stronger and should last longer. The downside is that long staple cottons are harder to grow and are more expensive.

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work and travel day.

Lounge pants 1.0

eresusub.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads