• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The NEW BALANCE THREAD - Pics, Discussions, Collab Info, etc

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda crazy that I had to order these Made in the USA New Balance from Italy, but what can you do? It's a global supply chain. Just happy to have them on my feet. Really nappy suede. It almost feels like terry cloth.

View attachment 1810859
Where did you get them from. I'm still pretty interested.

hobojones

Reaction score
Where did you get them from. I'm still pretty interested.
If you’re looking for those specific teddy grey v2’s I think there’s a full size run nitty gritty and norse store. Didn’t look like the v1’s got a euro release and v3’s are pretty much gone.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for those specific teddy grey v2’s I think there’s a full size run nitty gritty and norse store. Didn’t look like the v1’s got a euro release and v3’s are pretty much gone.
There is actually the Teddy Atlas 990v1 at Nitty gritty. here: https://nittygrittystore.com/men/latest/m990ta1.
All that said.I've decided on the Kith 990V1 in Dusty Rose instead.

Gonzo9

Reaction score
Just snagged a pair in size 10.
3DA5DDB5-4162-4DBA-A96F-BDFE6C0D4219.png

b-ill

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but you need the v4, which is the best of the pack IMHO.
Finally pulled the trigger and as much as I like the v3, I think I like these more. The fit is also a little better than the 3 (for my feet).

I also ordered the Teddy Raw Amethyst v3 and then am (hopefully) set for a little while.
DA21D5FE-3516-4FF1-B433-D04FEC8398C6.jpeg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda crazy that I had to order these Made in the USA New Balance from Italy, but what can you do? It's a global supply chain. Just happy to have them on my feet. Really nappy suede. It almost feels like terry cloth.

View attachment 1810859
Just snagged a pair in size 10. View attachment 1812787

How did you guys size those compared to New Balance 996 MIUSA or your Nike sizes? I'm a 9.5 across most Nikes (9 in AF1s) and 9.5 in Adidas and my 996 NB pair, wondering if I would be a 9.5 in these or 9. I've seen many reviews saying they run bug and people are sizing 0.5 down from their standard NB sizes. Any advice?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
How did you guys size those compared to New Balance 996 MIUSA or your Nike sizes? I'm a 9.5 across most Nikes (9 in AF1s) and 9.5 in Adidas and my 996 NB pair, wondering if I would be a 9.5 in these or 9. I've seen many reviews saying they run bug and people are sizing 0.5 down from their standard NB sizes. Any advice?
Here is my shoe advice: learn your Japanese size. It's the actual length of your foot in millimeters and it will be standard while the US size fluctuates. For example, I am a 10 in NB and 10.5 in Nike. Both are JP 28.5 (or 285). I have been buying more shoes without size advice by sticking to my JP size and it's worked each time (including on some Crockett and Jones).

And your NB size is a 9. NB USA made is TTS. NB asia made is same sizing as Nike (9.5).

thfc91

Reaction score
I'm still on the hunt for the Stussy x NB collab in Cream in 11.5

And I suspect I'll be on the hunt for these for a very long time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads