• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tjuice

Reaction score
Next I have on an H&M flannel, Lacoste sweater, L.L. Bean jacket, same khakis as above and another fossil watch.

Attachments

• C45B1C06-E34D-4DAB-9C38-EB7F96CF6A90.jpeg
    C45B1C06-E34D-4DAB-9C38-EB7F96CF6A90.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 79

Artigas

Reaction score
Next I have on an H&M flannel, Lacoste sweater, L.L. Bean jacket, same khakis as above and another fossil watch.

I like this a lot better than the previous one. Not a big fan of sport jackets as short as that last one.

Tjuice

Reaction score
Latest is not really Southern Trad, more Wintwr
I like this a lot better than the previous one. Not a big fan of sport jackets as short as that last one.

The sport coat fit decently when I bought it. I’ve grown width-wise a lot in the shoulders since then and it doesn’t help that I now have wide hips. It throws the whole balance of things off. IMO jackets cut short suit skinnier individuals better.

Tjuice

Reaction score
Here are some older pics with a better phone.

Attachments

• 8DAC7FED-257F-432D-90B7-DEC7AFCA6251.jpeg
    8DAC7FED-257F-432D-90B7-DEC7AFCA6251.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 397A86C5-44A4-4F6C-B0EC-99E6E4E69115.jpeg
    397A86C5-44A4-4F6C-B0EC-99E6E4E69115.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 4B6B0916-9F89-4F82-BA82-F005A4BBA0CE.jpeg
    4B6B0916-9F89-4F82-BA82-F005A4BBA0CE.jpeg
    991.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DDD939A2-F237-433E-8F14-0922A5BC4A18.jpeg
    DDD939A2-F237-433E-8F14-0922A5BC4A18.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 140

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Far Eastern Trad ?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

Do you think a blue blazer needs to have gold buttons? I've had both of my last two blazers made with blue buttons. (I'm not sure what you call the material jacket buttons are made of -- plastic? Acetate? Anyway, the buttons were normal suit coat buttons and were either plain blue or a tortoiseshell that was mostly blue.)

Yesterday my wife said that a blue blazer should have gold buttons. What does everyone think about this issue? It's true that gold buttons are the default choice, I just I figured they'd look a little anachronistic. But my boys had school blazers with gold buttons, and their blazers looked OK. I ordered a set of gold buttons yesterday, but thought I'd get a second opinion from the group -- are gold buttons still the way to go, or has their day already passed? I have no strong inclination, either way, just wondering what the consensus is on gold buttons. Thanks!

Artigas

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

Do you think a blue blazer needs to have gold buttons? I've had both of my last two blazers made with blue buttons. (I'm not sure what you call the material jacket buttons are made of -- plastic? Acetate? Anyway, the buttons were normal suit coat buttons and were either plain blue or a tortoiseshell that was mostly blue.)

Yesterday my wife said that a blue blazer should have gold buttons. What does everyone think about this issue? It's true that gold buttons are the default choice, I just I figured they'd look a little anachronistic. But my boys had school blazers with gold buttons, and their blazers looked OK. I ordered a set of gold buttons yesterday, but thought I'd get a second opinion from the group -- are gold buttons still the way to go, or has their day already passed? I have no strong inclination, either way, just wondering what the consensus is on gold buttons. Thanks!

To my mind, metallic buttons (especially brass) are the sine qua non of a blazer, as opposed to a sport coat. Without them your blue blazer is just a blue jacket.

Sew 'em on, I say.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
GO VOTE !

Artigas

Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with the Rowing Blazers brand? I am interested in this patchwork tweed jacket they have on sale, but I'm worried that it will be a light, thin tweed instead of a heavy, warm, rugged one. Can anyone confirm?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbarawengere