• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Satmoche

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks very much for the response.

I will look into all of those. I had thought that Uniqlo would be a good place to start for Oxford shirts.

I think you are right about the jeans.

Didn't know about Marrkt. Looks great!

Thanks again.
You could try with Uniqlo for all things, really, and then expand your wardrobe progressively. I seem to recall that they offer an alteration service albeit not sure if it is for all alterations i.e. chest, sleeve lengths.
It is also tied down to your lifestyle and job. If your job does not demand that you wear a suit and tie, then your priority does not lie there, for now, and you could put your money into coat(s), shoes, jeans, etc.

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
Some lovely new sports jackets made up in Moon gun club check in the store this weekend, with a lovely roll and quite low gorge, well-priced at (i believe) £475.
However I feel i am between sizes: 44 fits better in the shoulder, but is probably too short ; 46 looks a bit boxy on me and some excess fabric in the sleevehead, but is probably a better length.
i feel both could be altered and am tempted with the 44, lengthen by an inch...which you think is better to go for?

44:
1727000914919.png

46:
1727000948352.png

Thank you vm for any thoughts.

Satmoche

Reaction score
Some lovely new sports jackets made up in Moon gun club check in the store this weekend, with a lovely roll and quite low gorge, well-priced at (i believe) £475.
However I feel i am between sizes: 44 fits better in the shoulder, but is probably too short ; 46 looks a bit boxy on me and some excess fabric in the sleevehead, but is probably a better length.
i feel both could be altered and am tempted with the 44, lengthen by an inch...which you think is better to go for?

44:
View attachment 2249927

46:
View attachment 2249929

I would follow the team's advice, they know what they are doing. That being said, the length on the 46 is better, as you pointed it out.
What is the fit like with the 44 for chest and shoulders?

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
I would follow the team's advice, they know what they are doing. That being said, the length on the 46 is better, as you pointed it out.
What is the fit like with the 44 for chest and shoulders?
Shoulders were better in 44, chest was probably between the two.
Team's advice was 44, btw.

Corson

Reaction score
I feel both could be altered and am tempted with the 44, lengthen by an inch...which you think is better to go for?

Nice jacket. Just take care, I think it would be better to ask in advance the sales team or your alteration tailor if the 44 jacket can be lenthened with 1 inch, that could be problematic with a ready to wear jacket. AFAIK the construction of the open (rounded) quarters prevent them from being lengthened. They can be shortened (to some degree without affecting the proportions of the jacket, but lengthening them runs into a problem - the pattern of the quarters has an angle gap between the curve and the hem reserve (see the area marked with red), and that in RTW cannot be resolved.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Terrierist

Reaction score

44:
View attachment 2249927

46:
View attachment 2249929

This post pushed me into ordering the same jacket, thanks!

I would vote for the 46 just because the length would bug me enough not to pick it up otherwise. I think a relaxed fit would work well in this kind of jacket anyway, especially if layering up.

Terrierist

Reaction score
If nothing else, I'm impressed by the speed of delivery. Ordered at 10am, shipped at 1pm, arrived 8.30am the next morning. Turns out their warehouse is about 30 miles from my home.

inmamy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has the Natalino light wash jeans that they're looking to sell (probably size 34) please let me know. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88tips