• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

jdhoop

Reaction score
I just received a few of the new F/W sportcoats. The adjustments made to the pattern are all very nice. The lower gorge looks better, and the larger sleeves allow for more movement.

The fit is just spot-on, moreso than any other RTW make I've come across.
How does the regular jacket length compare to previous seasons?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a few of the new F/W sportcoats. The adjustments made to the pattern are all very nice. The lower gorge looks better, and the larger sleeves allow for more movement.

The fit is just spot-on, moreso than any other RTW make I've come across.

i’d be keen to see some pics of it on you, as others have stated the gorge still looks high on the web photos.

Reaction score
I received my brown green check jacket yesterday. I went with the same size (46EU) as the other jacket I picked up in summer.

The gorge is lower and it’s noticeable but perhaps it could’ve been lowered a touch more. Jacket’s definitely much roomier compared to the previous iteration. Finally, and maybe it’s because of my skinny arms, I think they’ve gone a bit overboard with the sleeve width increase.

Overall, still very happy with the purchase and think it’ll become a favourite.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I received my brown green check jacket yesterday. I went with the same size (46EU) as the other jacket I picked up in summer.

The gorge is lower and it’s noticeable but perhaps it could’ve been lowered a touch more. Jacket’s definitely much roomier compared to the previous iteration. Finally, and maybe it’s because of my skinny arms, I think they’ve gone a bit overboard with the sleeve width increase.

Overall, still very happy with the purchase and think it’ll become a favourite.
Do the armholes still feel high with the sleeve width increase? That’s my main concern since I liked the high armholes on my last season jacket.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Just saw on natalino’s Instagram story..From the looks of it, the gorge looks lower.

Attachments

• IMG_4550.png
    IMG_4550.png
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 528

Reaction score
Do the armholes still feel high with the sleeve width increase? That’s my main concern since I liked the high armholes on my last season jacket.

They feel pretty comfortable to me. I don't notice a change compared to SS.

We need pictures, gentlemen!

I'll share photos as soon as I pick up my jacket from the tailor.

beltnbraces

Reaction score
Friends,

I wonder whether I might draw on your expertise and guidance for the purposes of fitcheck. Just bought this rather lovely Natalino sports jacket in my usual size (48 IT).

I like it a lot, but am wondering whether it is a tad too wide, especially at the waist?

I could size down, though that would involve going with a different cloth as this one is virtually sold out, which I am reticent to do.

The sleeves are still unfinished, in case I need to return. If not I'll shorten them ofc.

What do you think?

Very grateful, as ever.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.52_19c81d94.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.52_19c81d94.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 385
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.53_193af121.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.53_193af121.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 351
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_30797cd3.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_30797cd3.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 315
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_2154042c.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_2154042c.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 459
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_e247daca.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 13.16.55_e247daca.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 612

PeterFisher

Reaction score
Friends,

I wonder whether I might draw on your expertise and guidance for the purposes of fitcheck. Just bought this rather lovely Natalino sports jacket in my usual size (48 IT).

I like it a lot, but am wondering whether it is a tad too wide, especially at the waist?

I could size down, though that would involve going with a different cloth as this one is virtually sold out, which I am reticent to do.

The sleeves are still unfinished, in case I need to return. If not I'll shorten them ofc.

What do you think?

Very grateful, as ever.
The photos are a little close so it's difficult to say, but it does look from the last one especially that the waist is large.

I had a similar issue: I'd ordered a 46 from the Summer collection which turned out to be too small and so this time I tried 48, which turned out to be huge in the waist and sleeves. I spoke with Natalino customer service who explained that they had made this collection a little wider, something which isn't reflected on the website. They advised I go with 46, which I did, and it's a good fit.

For reference I'm 1m70 and weigh 65kg

beltnbraces

Reaction score
The photos are a little close so it's difficult to say, but it does look from the last one especially that the waist is large.

I had a similar issue: I'd ordered a 46 from the Summer collection which turned out to be too small and so this time I tried 48, which turned out to be huge in the waist and sleeves. I spoke with Natalino customer service who explained that they had made this collection a little wider, something which isn't reflected on the website. They advised I go with 46, which I did, and it's a good fit.

For reference I'm 1m70 and weigh 65kg

Thanks a lot, that's really helpful advice. Perhaps I'll just order a 46 then in another wool and return whichever is the second preference.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Friends,

What do you think?

Very grateful, as ever.
I think it looks good. Just need to shorten the sleeves and take in the waist a touch. If you go down a size, the whole jacket will be smaller and shorter.

alfredt

Reaction score
I wanted to get a quick fit check on this size 48. I prefer a more relaxed fit these days. Sleeves folded in for now.
I think it looks great! Shoulders seem good, no collar gap, good length. Back isn't perfect but it wouldn't bother me. Are you standing how you would usually? I kind of get the feel that you're standing with your shoulders pushed back a chest out a little exaggerated which could be causing the back fold but maybe that's your natural posture.

beltnbraces

Reaction score
I think it looks good. Just need to shorten the sleeves and take in the waist a touch. If you go down a size, the whole jacket will be smaller and shorter.

Great, thanks for that. In the end I have ordered a lower size to make a proper comparison, but suspect you'll be right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads