• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
French style DB (hihg collar, concave shoulder, close quarter)

Cloth by Harrison Burley All Wool Worsted

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
NIce, might try that next time. Sans the cuffs on the sleeves.

Edit: no vents?

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Penfold

Reaction score
Sharp stuff Add911_11. Good to see that different shoulder construction is no problem for our pixellated pals from the 'Po. Got a fitting on Wednesday for a stronger-shouldered tweed jacket with a half-inch shoulder pad instead of the usual.

exodos

Reaction score

Penfold, I have yet to post my photos of the tragic outcomes of Gordon Yao and WW Chan.  Baromon's was the only suit that came out fine.  His white shirts he made me were a little tight around the neck, but otherwise perfect fitting.  Baromon's was also the least expensive of the 3.  I had only 1 fitting with all of them.  Baromon's did the measurements and fitting, as the others, but he also took pictures.  His suit was well made when I received it, although I had to pay a $50 customs charge, and I'm not sure how that happened, as I did not with Yao or Chan.  However, Gordon Yao sent me a suit that was very tight, as if the chest was 2 to 3 inches too small. I could barely put the damned jacket on.  I sent it back with photos, as well as with photos of the much better fitting Baromon's suit jacket for his reference.  That cost me $67 to send back to Hong Kong.  Gordon Yao sent back the jacket 3 weeks later, and it was as if they did NOTHING to it.  Now I have to wait until Gordon Yao comes to Chicago in June to have him correct this.  I don't understand how, with 10 photos, sample photos of a correct fitting, he would not make any change, or unnoticeable changes to the jacket.  It was not smart to have me go through the trouble. 

Chan's (The most costly of the 3 by far) was the worst!  They sent me a jacket that looked as though I was wearing a ballerina skirt, when I put it on.  I don't know what those young men measuring me all over the place were doing, but it certainly did not produce a well fitting suit jacket.  Whereas Chan's suit was not too tight, it was ill-shaped, and much too short, even when I told them during the fitting to make it longer.  It was like wearing  high-water pants, but for a suit jacket!  I could not wear it in public - (this king knows he is naked).  I shall never do bespoke again, except for Baromon's.  He's the best and the least expensive.  When I get the gumption, I'll send pictures to show you guys.  It was a very expensive mistake.  At least Chan had the wisdom to not have me send the suit jacket back to them in Hong Kong. I'll be meeting them in Chicago in June as well.  Also, none of them mentioned reimbursing me financially for the costs and inconvenience.  I'm not sure whether this is a Chinese business thing or what.  But I find it highly unprofessional.  In short, Yes for Baromon, and a resounding NO for WW Chan and Gordon Yao.

Cheers, Bloomsbury2k

Thanks for the feedback. I might give baromon a go. Kenny does seem to be a pleasant guy to deal with.

Also thanks Penfold for tagging B2k :)

Merino Bros

Reaction score
6x2 Double Breasted Suit (soft, minimally padded and roped shoulders, milanese buttonhole): H Lesser 8/9ozs 31356
by Dream Bespoke

Last edited:

Merino Bros

Reaction score
A bit late to talk about Milanese buttonhole by Hong Kong tailors:

Here are three examples:

1. WW Chan

2. Dream Bespoke(specially long version)

3. Brown's Tailor

Don't trust the myth of the so called hidden lady. All of the above Milanese buttonhole are done by their in house staff respectively.

Last edited:

bapelolol

Reaction score
Is 10 days in Hong Kong enough time to get the fittings (Initial, basted 1, basted 2) done at Yao/Chan/Yu/DB with giving them advance notice?

Merino Bros

Reaction score
Is 10 days in Hong Kong enough time to get the fittings (Initial, basted 1, basted 2) done at Yao/Chan/Yu/DB with giving them advance notice?

They are generally very flexible and would try to accomodate your request. Sometimes they may refuse to do so, especially during peak seasons.

Another hint is if you prefer British fabrics, you better pick your fabrics before you come to Hong Kong. This is because no Hong Kong British fabrics agent keep stock here so it can take few days for the fabrics to arrive and you will waste the precious time for waiting the fabrics.

dawei94

Reaction score
Chan did the initial meeting and 2 fittings in 8 days, so 10 might be enough if it's not particularly busy for them. Agree with Merino Bros on the fabric, they ordered mine ahead of time (with a deposit)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics