• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut out a bunch of Japanese Honeysuckle which is invasive to TN. It left a sizeable gap so the next step is filling in with similar trees in the area but should look good.

Also, getting the kids a tree fort built this summer. While it could go against HOA guidelines depending on how you read the rules, I saw that "Adventure Vans" are not to be stored in view from the street and the HOA President has one. It is a nicely done Sprinter and is tucked away pretty good but you can still see it from the street.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gravenstein is budding flowers like crazy . it's a triploid variety which practically speaking means it needs two pollinators to set fruit but the neighbors have a crab apple that is blooming rn along with our liberty which is also coming in . I might get out there with a few q-tips and swab some pollen myself lol
i hand pollinated a few fruit on the pawpaw last year. you can only pollinate from a genetically distinct tree and the nearest ones to me are too far away for bees so a neighbor brought me flowers from theirs. we got a few pawpaw fruit so it worked!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut out a bunch of Japanese Honeysuckle which is invasive to TN. It left a sizeable gap so the next step is filling in with similar trees in the area but should look good.

Also, getting the kids a tree fort built this summer. While it could go against HOA guidelines depending on how you read the rules, I saw that "Adventure Vans" are not to be stored in view from the street and the HOA President has one. It is a nicely done Sprinter and is tucked away pretty good but you can still see it from the street.
:lurk:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can't wait for you to go to war with your HOA! Please report back on your battles with the president.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I’m just over here rolling my eyes at the fact that your HOA has a written policy on “adventure vans”

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Blackmail, it is the way

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I’m just over here rolling my eyes at the fact that your HOA has a written policy on “adventure vans”

Don't worry @Piobaire will be along soon to justify such a policy.

I'm going to assume it's just in a list of things that can't be stored visible from the street. Boats, travel trailers, etc.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume it's just in a list of things that can't be stored visible from the street. Boats, travel trailers, etc.

If the van is always in use, it’s not being stored.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, they can recommend against it and maybe your plumbing does marginally better over time...

Or you can live with the convenience of a disposal for your entire life.

You don't want to overuse the thing, but as long as you run plenty of water and don't put bad things down it, it will be fine. Plenty of plumbers have them in their own homes because they make life easier every single day.
Ugh. My garbage disposal seems to have kicked it after I dumped some gunk from my blender down the sink and turned on the disposal (with the tap running). Now everytime I try it just hums (despite working the screw to dislodge whatever is stuck in there). I got a $1300 quote from a plumber to replace it although he was kind enough to tighten the leaking p-trap for me lol. I have another plumber coming to look at it tomorrow but considering doing the work myself. The internet claims it's not that difficult. Am I crazy to want to do it myself?

Is a room with a fireplace ever too small for a mantel? I'm considering having a floating mantel installed for my living room (open plan with dining) but concerned it my further congest a relatively small space. I'm specifically worried about the length, height and depth of a mantel - the fireplace and surround are 36" and 48" respectively so looking at 54/60" floating mantels plus the mantel would be 5-6" in height and depth. The space is currently bare (I do need some artwork above it). I wanted to survey the thread for opinions although I'm working on decluttering (buy a smaller couch, replacing small entertainment unit with mounted tv) so may arrive at my own decision after making some furniture changes in the next few months.

Closing the loop on this, here are the before and after for my fireplace. No room for a mantel now!

IMG_4151.jpg
image_67166721.JPG

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. My garbage disposal seems to have kicked it after I dumped some gunk from my blender down the sink and turned on the disposal (with the tap running). Now everytime I try it just hums (despite working the screw to dislodge whatever is stuck in there). I got a $1300 quote from a plumber to replace it although he was kind enough to tighten the leaking p-trap for me lol. I have another plumber coming to look at it tomorrow but considering doing the work myself. The internet claims it's not that difficult. Am I crazy to want to do it myself?

I’ve done it myself three times. The first time, I neglected to punch thepiece out blocking the hole where the dishwasher drain line comes in. Other that that, it’s pretty easy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads