• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Cascadia Boot Thread

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
those Nicks are sweet diazwa, and nice Wescos 4characters

Tonight I'm wearing some Dayton's i got from a trip up to Vancouver a couple years ago. We got a little tour around the manufacturing area. The people were super nice and it was a fun experience.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One-off boots made in collaboration between Ray Lansburg (aka @Lansburg_Leathers aka The Black Acre) and Baker's. These are easily the nicest lace ups I've ever handled, let alone owned.

Hand cut, hand sewn uppers by Ray using burgundy latigo leather and pattern; lasted by Julian; and bottoms (and touch up) done by Chad Williamson (aka @LeatherSniffer) at Baker's.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One-off boots made in collaboration between Ray Lansburg (aka @Lansburg_Leathers aka The Black Acre) and Baker's. These are easily the nicest lace ups I've ever handled, let alone owned.

Hand cut, hand sewn uppers by Ray using burgundy latigo leather and pattern; lasted by Julian; and bottoms (and touch up) done by Chad Williamson (aka @LeatherSniffer) at Baker's.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx guys! Kyle is in talks for doing a similar build with machine sewed uppers (in an effort to keep production cost and time down). But they are also known to do bespoke boots for customers, so if you were interested in a boot on this last, you might reach out to him. I've already inquired about brown horsehide and natural tan roughout engineers :D ;)

Last edited:

NorthCoast

Reaction score
>I've already inquired about brown horsehide and natural tan roughout engineers

One of these days I'd like a pair of proper engineers. Were you talking about the Nomad?

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

>I've already inquired about brown horsehide and natural tan roughout engineers

One of these days I'd like a pair of proper engineers. Were you talking about the Nomad?

I'm talking about engineers made by Baker's on the same last as these lace up boondockers. They scream classic engineer profile IMO!

It's a very simiar toe as on Attractions

Last edited:

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm eating dinner last weekend, backyard BBQ style (eg lawn chair and paper plate in lap). I look down and to my dismay I see large splatters of burger juice all over the left boot of my prized new boondockers :|

I had had a few beers at this point so while I was pissed about it I wasn't overly worried. Then I wake up at like 3AM in a full blown panic. I rush downstairs and frantically grab the dish soap, a cotton rag and brush, and go to town on them. Think it's all good and go back to bed. I wake up and go inspect my handiwork, and no surprise they aren't any better. Awesome.

My knee jerk reaction is "Later, Gator"- preparing to accept defeat and lock them away in the cellar for future explorers to discover during an excavation.

But then I relax, get my bearings and regain consciousness. And then fix the ******* situation: Liberal (and I mean liberal) Pecard's application to the vamps of both boots, then a small amount of #8 paste wax all around (to even the color out)...

They're obviously darker now (the toes have a burnished look to them which I kinda dig TBH), and the scarlet letter "B" (for burger) will likely reappear with age and wear. But to hell with it

Moral of the story: when life gives you burger grease, turn that **** into some leather dressing!

westie187

Reaction score
When life gives you lemons, you paint that **** gold.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
ohh man, thats brutal

boot nervosa

nice resolution

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads