• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~

fazalmajid

Reaction score

jsimonovis413

Reaction score

I have access to another (new) shrunken calf Mulberry clipper. Will pass along the deal if any fellow farmers are interested.

Hey, do you still have this bag? Would you recommend it? The outlets have one and im thinking of ordering.

fazalmajid

Reaction score
Well, I got the Octovo weekender in gray leather (couldn't resist the idea of custom titanium hardware, and the price is more than right at $240 for a full-size bag in full-grain leather). Very good quality leather and hardware. The grab handles are a triumph of design over practicality, however. The dust bag itself is much nicer than many competitors' actual canvas bags.

Oddly, the transaction on my credit card was posted from Ireland, even though they are based right here in San Francisco. I'd sent an email to their customer support and never received a response. Their website seems to be down at the moment, I wonder if they are going out of business.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while; these days I'm using a spring/summer canvas tote from Calvin Klein Collection. I like that it's simple, minimal, but very sturdy (the canvas is reinforced with leather trim. CK Collection continues to be one of my favorites; I'm curious to see what happens with the brand as they hire new creative directors.

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtveco.jpg

I've always lusted over the intrecciato woven leather of a Bottega Veneta bag and came across this vintage piece in pristine condition and totally fell in love with it. The wide, soft-structured shoulder strap that is tied in a knot I think perfectly compliments the intrecciato woven leather. You don't find this detail in the newer style bags since they only use lobster clasp metal hardwear these days.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, I really like that Bottega, nice one!

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

got this large DVN bag from Yoox

i'm not a street fashion guy actually,and no experience with this brand, but really like the style.

made in India

leather out shell, it's said Italy leather,but the coating is stiff for me, i don't like the touch.

cotton (IIRC) lined.

again,really like the style,so decide to keep it
smile.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
er, hook up with a sales associate like the rest of us? :)

pdsf

Reaction score
Filson just released some of their classic bags in full leather.

pdsf

Reaction score

Haven't posted in a while; these days I'm using a spring/summer canvas tote from Calvin Klein Collection. I like that it's simple, minimal, but very sturdy (the canvas is reinforced with leather trim. CK Collection continues to be one of my favorites; I'm curious to see what happens with the brand as they hire new creative directors.

I heard they have hired Raf. Not sure if he will be in charge of accessories, too? His recent bags are a bit crazy (in a bad way).

IndigoLagoon

Reaction score
Good Sunday morning,

Still guessing how this forum stuff works,

But the question is -

That small deer (?) keeps me wondering. Got no other info, except "Echt Prym 2" stamped snap and "Pal. W. Germany" stamped frame.

Appreciate your attention,
Have a great one,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads