• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

quuz

Reaction score

So how did the duffel bag work out? Comments on quality?

I've been using it for 2 weekend trips now. Its a tad too big and Im worried the airline Im flying with tomorrow is going to say so as well. The overall quality seems good, dissapointed with the zipper though since Im used to the sturdy zipper on my filson bag. Other than that Im happy with it, really good price to quality ratio.

JOJO champloo

Reaction score
Hey everyone~~ Thx rach this post! I spent one week to read all the reply, long journey~ but helpful
C:\Users\ZhengZA\AppData\Local\Temp\TempPic\AIASOQC`DSHV8HIEK]LB`25.tmp
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

And, anybody know about bleu de chauffe this brand? does it worth to have one?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the quality of Jil bags nowadays? More specifically the female bags? My girl has owned a few shoes with no issues whatsoever, was curious about the handbags though. She's finding some good deals that are seemingly hard to beat for the 'sleek, simple' bags she's looking for, but she also didn't want to drop a few hundred or more on something that will be rendered useless in half a year.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

pdsf

Reaction score

I've been using it for 2 weekend trips now. Its a tad too big and Im worried the airline Im flying with tomorrow is going to say so as well. The overall quality seems good, dissapointed with the zipper though since Im used to the sturdy zipper on my filson bag. Other than that Im happy with it, really good price to quality ratio.

Thanks for the feedback!

ScootManSam

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been looking for a nice canvas and leather weekender/duffel bag in the $200-400 range. So far, this Ernest Alexander Banker's Navy Canvas Weekender is looking like the best option (http://www.ernestalexander.com/cata...r-s-canvas-weekender/category/41/?product=860).

ernestalexande0313130048.jpg

It seems like the perfect size for a weekend trip, and looks like you could probably fit a week's worth of clothes in there if you do it right. I also like the high drop on the handles as it seems like you could put that over your shoulder if necessary. I hate the look of big shoulder straps so that's a big plus for me. Does anyone have this bag or a similar Ernest Alexander weekender or overnight bag? Am I correct to assume the quality is top notch? Also, can you indeed fit these handles over your shoulder? Any help much appreciated.

pdsf

Reaction score
^ I have not seen that EA bag in real life but I have had a leather messenger bag from EA and the quality is excellent.

The bag looks good.

I have communicated with him personally before - nice guy!

ScootManSam

Reaction score
Yea I went through all your previous EA messenger bag posts and quality seems great. I'm sure the quality is every bit as good on these. There seems to be a lot of information on EA messenger bags, but not much on the larger overnight/weekend bags. At $395, does this seem like a good value?

This one is currently out of stock, but I emailed him to put me on the reserve list and he informed me they would be back in mid to late September. Seemed very nice. I imagine it's not Ernest himself replying to these emails anymore but I could be wrong.

edwinl

Reaction score
Anyone got a recommendation for a tan leather folio - maybe even one that'll hold a 13inch Macbook Air (not strictly necessary but nice to have)? Under $300 preferably.

Last edited:

ScootManSam

Reaction score
Anyone got a recommendation for a tan leather folio - maybe even one that'll hold a 13inch Macbook Air (not strictly necessary but nice to have)? Under $300 preferably.
Berg and Berg is having a one-day sale on some really nice folios. Discounted down to 124 euros from 248. I don't think you'll find a better deal than that. Looks like they still have several shades of mid/light brown. http://bergbergstore.com/leather-goods/portfolios-cases.html

edwinl

Reaction score
Awesome! Just picked it up along with the tan braided belt. Thanks a bunch for the heads up!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a belated update, I finally went with this MMM bag.

ScootManSam

Reaction score
Awesome! Just picked it up along with the tan braided belt. Thanks a bunch for the heads up!
Great, glad to help. I've been drooling over some of their belts and wallets for a while now. Unfortunately the one's I really like didn't go on sale... Took quite a bit of self control to not pull the trigger on one anyways. Be sure to post some pics when they arrive.

edwinl

Reaction score
Yeah would have been great if the vachetta stuff wad on sale. Good enough for now though. Will do, cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads