• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One must have iron balls to take an ivory togo (or maybe epsom?) birkin and draw all over it.

My guess is it's a fake Birkin coz this guy posted pics of 3 different graffitied Birkins. Maybe it will be more valuable than an original price of a Birkin coz this guy is a wll known artist

DesignerValet

Reaction score
The only illustration I'd have on my Birkin would be my own face :foo:

bik2101

Reaction score
hoping to get some suggestions. i'm looking for a messenger bag thats 12-13" in length that has some sort of closing mechanism - be it a clasp or those magnetic latch things. either leather or canvas under $300.. any ideas? i've been looking around a bunch of places online and a lot of the sites suggested in this thread but haven't been able to find anything. really not gonna be carrying too much, just my tablet, and a few papers and maybe an umbrella.TIA!

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoping to get some suggestions. i'm looking for a messenger bag thats 12-13" in length that has some sort of closing mechanism - be it a clasp or those magnetic latch things. either leather or canvas under $300.. any ideas? i've been looking around a bunch of places online and a lot of the sites suggested in this thread but haven't been able to find anything. really not gonna be carrying too much, just my tablet, and a few papers and maybe an umbrella.TIA!

does this fit your bill? on gilt right now for about 50%.

http://kranedesign.com/shop/hovan/

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
thanks for the link. i wish they listed measurements but from the model pictures it looks like its gonna be bigger than what i'm looking for. thanks for the heads up though

admiral

Reaction score
For anyone who watches Breaking Bad - what kind of bag was Mike's Go Bag? Looked like Bally with the stripe down the center, but I'm not sure. Will post a screenshot when I can find one.

LukeM

Reaction score

For anyone who watches Breaking Bad - what kind of bag was Mike's Go Bag? Looked like Bally with the stripe down the center, but I'm not sure. Will post a screenshot when I can find one.

Here are some

pdsf

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is interested in the new Filson/Levi's duffle but FYI it's available on both the Filson and Levi's sites but the latter has it significantly cheaper (and now there is a code on the site to get further discount as well). I assume they are the same bag - they look the same! I am wondering if it's a pricing or listing error.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is interested in the new Filson/Levi's duffle but FYI it's available on both the Filson and Levi's sites but the latter has it significantly cheaper (and now there is a code on the site to get further discount as well). I assume they are the same bag - they look the same! I am wondering if it's a pricing or listing error.

Nice find. Looks the same, but color is listed as "rifle green".

An extra 4% off with eBates or better yet 5% through ShopDiscover with your Discover card.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like LV custom.. I could be wrong though. Reminds me of the luggage a bit from Darjeeling Limited.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like LV custom.. I could be wrong though. Reminds me of the luggage a bit from Darjeeling Limited.

Don't think it's a LV, the zipper "handle" is wrong, it looks nice though.

Any recommendations for a Filson-like bag, but with natural, undyed leather trim? I'd prefer the fabric be tan or grey, waxed canvas a plus.

Try Filson Italy/japan.

Last edited:

pdsf

Reaction score

Any recommendations for a Filson-like bag, but with natural, undyed leather trim? I'd prefer the fabric be tan or grey, waxed canvas a plus.

The Levi's/Filson duffle I mentioned earlier has natural leather handles and strap (and I think) with waxed fabric. It's not tan or gray though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads