• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Max@TheArmoury

Hi Max, can products purchased from https://thearmoury.com/ be shipped from HK instead of the US?

I live in Shanghai, and the shipping cost is wildly expensive if products are being shipped from the US instead of from HK... Plus the wait will also be shorter if from HK.
We should be able to sort something out. Please send us a note at [email protected]
Actually, I believe that thearmoury.com is only reflective of the US stock and US stores, which is why HK exclusive items like the New Manual collab don’t show up on there. It’s also why if you’re a HK shopper and something you want is out of stock in HK but in stock online, you can just have The Armoury store in Landmark or Pedder place an order for you from the US store for the item you want.
We actually do have the New Manual collab! Linked here.

feijaocozido

Reaction score
Max@TheArmoury

Hi Max, can products purchased from https://thearmoury.com/ be shipped from HK instead of the US?

I live in Shanghai, and the shipping cost is wildly expensive if products are being shipped from the US instead of from HK... Plus the wait will also be shorter if from HK.
How do the import duties work when importing from HK to SH? This has been a concern which has prevented me from trying to ship to SH.

sake99

Reaction score
does anyone have a pair of the armoury cotton chinos? silly question but i wanted to ask if the 'sheen' on a new pair goes away with washing?

Mwag

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of visiting the UES location. What a phenomenally fun and informative shopping experience. I think I found my wedding suit in this navy herringbone 6B. Only concern is that an east coast September wedding may be a bit too warm for this suit…

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8775.jpeg
    IMG_8775.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8776.jpeg
    IMG_8776.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8777.jpeg
    IMG_8777.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 262

Henry S

Reaction score
does anyone have a pair of the armoury cotton chinos? silly question but i wanted to ask if the 'sheen' on a new pair goes away with washing?
Have them in green and navy.
The navy didn't have any sheen when I bought them.
The green, on the other hand, still has quite a lot of sheen, but I've only washed them ~5 times.

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
They changed the fabric and the rise sometime in the last couple of years, for the worse, in my opinion.

I assume the change in fabric was to make them “dressier” as the previous fabric had a bit of a softer, matte hand. As well, the color of the khaki pants has browner hues than before, to their detriment.

The pairs I have with a blue label are perfect, the pairs with an orange label have a poorer hand and fit. Of course this is all opinion/conjecture on my part.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Random question but while we are discussing the chinos... Do you guys put vertical creases on your chinos, or do you wear them casually without crease? I seem to always waver between the two.

symphvaria

Reaction score
I find the sport chinos way too tapered and dressy to go without a crease, but I recently saw some photos on the Armoury's instagram showing off the uncreased look and it definitely has an appeal. Might be something I try out sometime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads